[Guide] Homatics Box R 4k Plus CoreELEC installation, configuration and modding

Hi, I would like to confirm If my Dune HD Homatics Box R 4K Plus is supporting MKV Dolby Vision P7 FEL or not ? I actually have a Chinoppo M9201 and it support only DV with BDMV or iso DV dual track dual layer and not supporting single track dual layer MKV and does not support kodi or any other app installation so you have to browse SMB share like in the 1970 years…LOL.The image quality is still amazing when watching DV. I am waiting to see if i need to purchase the UgoosAM6B+ or not.
Thanks

No, it does not support FEL. Only S922X-J devices, such as the AM6B+, do. Honestly, the AM6B+ is amazing and development is focused on it. I love mine.

Thanks. I Will order one today. My Wife will kill me…I think i have 5 differents boxes since i dropped MadVr HTPC’s. Finally one box working for all !

1 Like

I really love CoreELEC and this guide! So cool to have it running on the Dune box.

Something I would like to add that is interesting for Linux users: Setting up the boot storage works perfectly with the “Startup Disk Creator” tool (usb-creator-gtk) which is installed by default in many Linux distros. No need to install Balena Etcher!

I had some issues with connecting the (new) original remote B25. The simple solution from Troubleshooting didn’t work, the pairing did not happen just by itself. Here is how I fixed this:
I opened CoreELEC bluetooth settings, invoked the pairing mode on the remote by pressing Back+Home 5 sec. and saw it appear as “B25”.
From the options for B25 I chose “Trust and Connect”. After a few seconds, the LED on the remote stopped blinking, but the remote still did not work. Now I invoked the pairing mode again, and after a few seconds it stopped blinking and is working now.
I tried several times, it would not work with option “Pair” from the menu.

Help using “Screensaver” to turn off component via Remote

Given the lack of ability to put this box to sleep or hibernate, I’ve decided to just keep the box on all the time.

But I still want to be able to use the remote to turn off the connected components (AVR & TV)

I went ahead and configured the Input → peripheral → CEC settings as follows:

• Switch source to this device on startup: ON
  • Devices to power on during startup: TV and AVR
  • Devices to power off during shutdown: TV and AVR
  • Send “Inactive source” command on shutdown: ON
  • Put devices in standby mode when activating Screensaver: ON
  • Put devices in standby by Screensaver on paused video: OFF
  • Minutes standby is delayed after Screensaver is activated: 0
  • Wake devices when deactivating the Screensaver: ON
  • When the TV is switched OFF: Stop Playback
  • Devices to also put in standby mode: ON
  • Use the TV’s language settings: ON
  • Action when switching to another source: Stop Playback
  • Physical address: 0
  • Force AVR to wake up when Kodi is activated: on
  • Remote button press delay before repeating (ms): 300
  • Remote button press repeat rate (ms): 0
  • Remote button press release time (ms): 0
  • OSD Name: CoreELEC
  • Wake-up by Auto Power On: ON
  • Wake-up by Streaming Path/Routing Change: ON
  • Wake-up by Active Route: ON

I’ve tested this by going to the interface settings and triggering the screensaver, and it works (mostly, the AVR turns back on)

But the problem comes in when I try to use the remote. I used the keymapper add-on and updated a button on the remote to trigger the Window → Screensaver.

But this isn’t the actual screensaver, it just turns the entire screen blank but doesn’t send any signals to the connected components.

Does anybody have any ideas on how to trigger the screensaver via the remote?

TIA!

Terminal command is

kodi-send -a ActivateScreensaver
1 Like

Thanks! I see it’s missing from the add-on. A handful of extra searching on my part would have found that in the documentation and how to update the XML manually.

I’ll apply the change tonight.

Thanks again.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Homatics Box R 4K Plus

Hey, I installed coreelec today and it was working fine until I decided to put it in dual boot mode. Now the box is stuck on the logo and even the recovery is stuck (Does not go into recovery mode). I have a rocktek g2. any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

You need to reflash android. Dual boot not supported

any idea where I can get a img of the stock firmware, I have been looking but so far nothing

I’m having a weird glitch with calibration of my TV (LG OLED). I’m able to set the calibration just fine, but after viewing something, I lose the calibration settings and have to re-do them. Any ideas?

Hi, regarding the CoreELEC Installation,

4. Your USB drive will now have two partitions ,COREELEC and STORAGE

After flash with Balena Etcher, no matter if I do in Windows or MacOS, I’ve tried both, no STORAGE partition is created, only the COREELEC one, the rest is shown as another partition without format.

Should I manually format and give the name STORAGE to this partition? If so, with format, ExFAT? I’m using a 128 GB USB Stick, and, btw, I wonder which is the use of that STORAGE partition, is used for cache? is used to store thumbnails?

Thanks in advance.

Storage is created doing install

1 Like

The STORAGE partition is ext4 formatted, it won’t appear under Windows/MacOS

[Adding information for configuring Nokia 8010 remote]

Currently the FAQ, in the first post, links to 2 solutions for the Nokia 8010 remote to be responsive and usable.
Some additional steps may be required.

Booting, powering-on and powering-off, works for both Kodi (elec) and Android.
You can switch prefered boot by switching within the currently loaded option (as described below).

[Nokia 8010 remote]

The default WIKI mentions you can use 2 approaches.
For me using only meson_ir worked and as to that, make sure you do not also use (load) amremote, by having added the amremote file also (rc_maps.cfg).

What also (finally) seems to work is shutdown and boot back to elec (Kodi), using the remote (CEC or Nokia remote). This keeps the experience limited to elec (Kodi) or Android.
In the past I did not get the device to wake up when having been shut down within elec (Kodi).

Rebooting to Android, within Kodi, is not always available in the default power-menu (different skin).
Simply install the addon as provided kindly in this post.
This will boot to Android and will now become the default.

Almost full circle. Install the reboot-elec.apk to boot to elec/kodi.

I just resurrected my Homeatics 4K plus after non use for many months (I now have 2 x Ugoos AMB6+). I replaced a bedroom Sony LED with new LG 42” C4 OLED and thought I’d use the Homatics for its DoVi support. (I know it’s not FEL).

Now for some reason I installed CE ng nightly as I read its doing DoVi but it does not give me that option. I didn’t add DoVi.ko when I created the image. Did I need to do that or should I just use latest ne nightly?

TIA

For ng you can add dovi.ko to the usb drive and it supports fel on it.

1 Like

Thanks. I’ve copied the dovi.ko and still nothing.

Kodi is showing the TV is only HDR and HLG (not showing DoVi). I have the HDMI port set for 4K Deep Color so not sure what’s going on, and another Dovi setting ‘on’.

I’ll dig a little deeper into the TV settings tomorrow.

I had an Intel NUC when connected directly to a Sony OLED and Kodi 21 would always display HDR for everything. Switched the TV to HDR mode on boot to Kodi.

This new LG TV is also displaying ‘HDR’ immediately on Kodi startup. Before any media is played.