[Guide] Homatics Box R 4k Plus CoreELEC installation, configuration and modding

you have any suggestions what i could do to get the back button working in android? Want to use my harmony elite, but with the back button not working it’s useless.

Sorry, no idea.

Did the IR mod, now it’s working fine. Took an ir diode from an old box. All working fine now.

1 Like

Hello.
I have the latest BETA CoreElec 21 installed. I also installed the Mod skin - Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus. I don’t have the option to boot to Android TV in this skin. Is there any way to fix this?

The custom skin is probably designed to work with Kodi Standalone ,not CoreELEC ,so probably that’s why you don’t have that option .

Use nexus version from kodinerds repo. Will working

Im looking for vfd. conf for dune homantics 4k box r

Golden Horn MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus. There is an option to boot to Android TV in this external view.I use.

Thank you Frodo for your reply. The option to run Android now works for me.

I still have a question.
Has anyone solved the box wakeup issue in CoreElec? Once the device goes to sleep, it cannot be woken up. Only turning off the power helps.

This box doesn’t have a VFD.

Is there any other way of getting display to work also remote has to be repaired if it hasn’t been touched for awhile

Yes, this is a bluez issue. It works on Android with bluedroid but not on Linux. Something is missing in BT stack protocol.

Can it be fixed?

Sure. But first we need to know how :slight_smile:

There is open issue without response: Google certified bluetooth remote control autoconnect · Issue #620 · bluez/bluez · GitHub

You are talking about Dune HD Premier Pro and not Homatics Box R 4K Plus. The display on Premier Pro is working only with Dune apk, if it isn’t installed, you can’t use it. For CoreELEC we need to dig deep to see how it can be use.
The Dune version has IR receiver which means, the remote it can be used normally, no need BT connection, just copy the remote.conf file in the .configfiles folder, reboot and done.

1 Like

Hello.

I have a question. how can I delay library updates by 20 seconds. Coreelec wakes up the server during startup and starts scanning even though the server has not yet started. This ends in the fact that the films added to the disk are not scanned to the library. How can I force a library update delay?

Have you noticed an improvements in temperatures with this thermal pad mod? I’m getting some really high temperatures on my device and was hoping for a solution.

How do you open this thing anyhow? Screws under the rubber feet?

Hi,
Anyone got the coreelec working in usb hub?
I just bought RSHTECH ST07C and couldn’t make it work on it.

*dunehd

Dune box here, usb hub working fine, both dc feed and none dc feed version

1 Like

Remember if you plug too many hdd to the hub, the box will have not enough power to feed the hub and it will not reserve power for other usb port also (with use for CoreElec). Then you cannot boot to CE.

1 Like