[Guide] S922X-J (Ugoos AM6b+) CoreELEC installation and FAQs

Type \ \box.ip in your file browser or
smb:\ \box.ip if you’re using Linux…
Without space between \

2 Likes

Should just come up in Windows file browser without other tools just like any other network drive.

Make sure SMB is turned on in CE.

It it doesn’t, then you can manually add it as a network location via the above suggestion.

2 Likes

Hello , sorry , but I need a little help .
Where can I find information on how to get the movie poster wall?
I managed to insert the connection to the nas , but it doesn’t load the covers.
Thank you
Gianni

Awesome! Thanks! Will definitely try it as soon as I get a little more free time again :smiley:

I’m still figuring out for the error message I got for emmc installation. The error message I got “.dtb 12.34.10?AM.img.EgqiT6” failed: Invalid argument (22)” , I feed into chatgpt and it suggest the possible cause for the error is “?” that it might be the invalid character. I remember I’ve put ‘dtb.img’ file on the root in sd card but ‘.dtb 12.34.10?AM.img.EgqiT6’ looks little fishy to me as well. Is it a valid file to be copied?

The error message path was "/media/CE_FLASH/.Trashes/501/.dtb 12.34.10?AM.img.EgqiT6”, which looks like a hidden trash folder from MacOS. Did you modify the dtb.img file under Mac/Apple?
I think you can ignore this folder, just delete it manually & repeat emmc installation

Removed post

Wow. That was it. It worked out well after the deletion of the file. It’s so much faster now. Thanks for the tip.

how can i download the stable version for my ugoos am6b+? i don’t get a link if i select my device on the frontpage?

Use CE 21 NG nightly version.

Has anyone got this to work with a harmony hub? I got it to pair Bluetooth but it still won’t control it. Not sure what device name to use.

Use IR. Harmony database: Windows Media Center.

Is ir a must? I have always used bluetooth with Coreelec devices. (Odroid)

EDIT** I got it pairing the harmony “keyboard”.

Stable here:

Recommend nightly instead (link in OP)

Just tried it for a short while, and I’ve got to say it makes a huge difference! Colors are lot more vibrant and akin to what the Apple TV 4K shows. The brightness is still different though, Apple TV shows bright scenes quite a bit brighter. However, I think this is acceptable now :slight_smile:

Will likely be moving from my current SDR setup (projector) to an HDR setup (TV) in a few months anyway, so from that point on it’s moot anyway.

Edit: For HDR10 that is, DV is still dull unfortunately. I tried with/without VS10 for DV/HDR10/SDR and with/without HDR->SDR tonemapping enabled. Using certain combinations, if I don’t disable DV support then I get strong color artifacting with extreme blotchy purples, reds, etc. Might need to play around some more, but might also just wait for a slightly more stable release.

Hi , Please can someone explain how to scan Nas disks and get movie posters?

https://kodi.wiki/view/Adding_video_sources

I’m also using bt all perfect with windows + kodi device, but not turning it on.
is your set up working with on off via bt? thanks!

Hello , is it possible to install a Plex server on AM6B+ with Coreelec? I installed PlexModKodi, but it doesn’t give me the option to install a server, just an error.
Thanks