[Guide] S922X-J (Ugoos AM6b+) CoreELEC installation and FAQs

You think the SD card is broken within the device? Can I just do a factory reset and try that way?

I have not placed anything into the device storage myself so I dont want to delete important files on there. Not that I can find anything to delete anyways.

How big is your SD card? I would suggest installing CoreElec on the emc and then updating it.

@frodo19 So you have explicitly tested those formats through your RZ730 and they all play correctly?

Why you ask it? @dekesone

I would never write it if it wasn’t so…
I use it , not just test.
But here you go dts-x and True-HD-Atmos

Glad you bought one. As far as I could tell, the CoreELEC team originally did not plan on supporting 3D MVC because it believed it an obsolete feature, but enough calls for 3D support prompted a rethink.

I had a Zidoo device and it’s now sitting it’s box probably never to be opened. Except for DSD, I don’t think there’s a single feature on the Zidoo that the AM6B+ will not implement by the end of the summer.

Amlogic now has a challenge to release another chipset that exceeds the S922X-J. For non-streaming content, the S922X-J is absolutely perfect and exceeds even the most expensive disk players.

1 Like

Its an external USB drive of 1GB - I can try the dual boot and do it that way if thats what you are reffering to by installing it on emc.

Yes, I would try using the ceemc tool because 1GB is quite tiny.

Okay thanks… I will try dual boot next. I find that SSH stuff a bit overwhelming.

Because this is the internet my friend, people say things without ever having actually done them. I was just wanting to confirm.
It’s confusing how it doesn’t work for a few of us, but does for you when we’re all running the same build. Both my Denon AVR-X6700H and my LG 65Q soundbar do not recognize the stream coming from the device, across multiple videos. It’s additionally confusing when I can swap in an N2+ with the same CE Audio settings and everything plays fine. I’m going to try a full re-install for kicks

Use other pendrive, with fresh install.
I use the last nightly devel version.
I have lot of other boxes, but really like this, to the local play,
and the cpm devel version add me more features…
The team made awesome work on this

The problem was resolved after I reset the receiver. I don’t what exactly what went wrong but it seems that it was receiver problem , not coreelec settings. The setting was not changed (audio passthrough enabled with every options turned on) and everything worked, including dolby atmos, flawlessly.

2 Likes

You’re right. Just tested and doesn’t matter what I set I’m getting dts:x ma output in android…

1 Like

That is what I was trying to explain before.
You had engaged the DTS upmixer called Neural:X on the AVR.
When that mode is selected on your Denon the AVR will discard the Atmos metadata.

You could have pushed the yellow (?) Pure button on the AVR remote until it said Auto and you would have got the Atmos back.
Or the green (?) surround button until it said Dolby something.

1 Like

Wow that’s really small. 32gb SD cards are super cheap these days. Nice to have one on hand. I would imagine you’ll run into problems real quick with that once the .tar is unpacked and any add-ons or updates happen.

1 Like

1GB :man_facepalming:

what year am i in?

2 Likes

I use a LG C1, which should support TV led DV. I have not done the above but I am not sure I understand.

You write to place the following line in autostart.sh but what following line? The echo one?

Without it will CEC assume TV led or not? I don’t understand where that setting is.

The entire line from the e to the y

echo Y > /sys/module/hdmitx20/parameters/dovi_tv_led_no_colorimetry

Yes, without it your TV will still do TV led Dolby Vision, this is just a slightly more correct color flag, but most TVs ignore the color flag anyway. Do it if you want or don’t. It probably won’t affect anything.

1 Like

Ok, so it needs to run at every reboot, correct?

If I wanted to check player led DV, how could Indo that? I am curious about the difference.

And thanks a lot for the prompt reply.

Once, you put the line in autostart.sh, CoreELEC will automatically run it on startup.

Go to Settings → System → Use Player Led. The results will be worse.

1 Like

Newbie question: how to update to a new Nightly release? Is it possible from the box?