[Guide] S922X-J (Ugoos AM6b+) CoreELEC installation and FAQs

Yes, in my meassage i wrote that i am on 0.5.4 firmware. Anyway the solution has been found, thank you for your answer

Is it safe to overclock the S922X to the same speeds that are possible with the Odroid N2+? I recognize that the AM6B+ does not have a fan and doesnā€™t have a beefy heatsink like the N2+ does, but has anyone experimented with O/C?

Yeah my Ugoos is def. out of space and canā€™t extract the update file and keeps failing. I dont really have anything on there except the update TAR file i placed myself. Should I reset and restart?

I tried to overclock it, but it does not work. My revision ā€œBā€ always boots with default speeds:
A73 => 1908 MHz and A53 => 1800 MHz, as I already wrote here

I have succesfully installed CoreELEC nightly version on AM6b+ and hooking up with my HT system. Main receiver is denon avr-3600h with 7.1.4 speaker configuration. I setup the audio as passthrough, hdmi with 7.1 channel setting, and enabled every option under passthrough section but my receiver doesnā€™t seem to detect signal as dolby atmos nor true-hd. It just stuck at dts-neural x. Is there any option that I missed to set on coreelec/kodi/plex?

I have discovered the same issue. When trying to play Dolby Atmos, DTS-X, or DTS HDMA, the output is corrupt. Iā€™ve tried hooking the AM6B+ to my receiver and to a separate soundbar (both of which are Atmos and DTS-X compatible) and neither will play audio with those formats. The device does play all other formats properly. Iā€™m using HDMI passthrough.

On a side note, I swapped back to my working Odroid N2+ with CE21 and all bitstreamed formats work properly using the HDMI passthrough.

Whats your audio settings exactly?

Allow Passthrough: Enabled
Passthrough Output Device: ALSA:AML-AUGESOUND, HDMI
All formats enabled below except EAC3.

Iā€™m using the 5/22 nightly but still have the passthrough issue. Interestingly, the quoted fix is around audio dropouts whereas I am unable to get Atmos audio to work at all.

And the first row above is : ALSA:AML-AUGESOUND, Hdmi Multi ch pcm?
Then Channels: 7.1

2 Likes

Reading the facts I was surprised and happy to see that 3D support is planned. I went with the Ugoos box instead of a Zidoo to get real DV Fel but gave up 3D. I thought I had read that there was no way to make this happen and it was not being worked on. At least there is hope.

1 Like

Audio Output Device : ALSA: AML-AUGESOUND, HDMI
Audio Passthrough
Allow passthrough : Enabled
Passthrough output device : ALSA: AML-AUGESOUND, HDMI
Dolby Digital(AC3) capable receiver : Enabled
Dolby Digital Plus (E-AC3) capable receiver : Enabled
DTS/ TrueHD/ DTS-HD capable receiver :Enabled

The channel was set to 7.1 but I donā€™t think it matter when itā€™s set to passthrough.

My sound settings, whats tested ā€¦

ALSA:AML-AUGESOUND, Hdmi Multi ch PCM or
ALSA:AML-AUGESOUND, Hdmi

Audio channels: does not affect 2.0 - to 7,1

Passthrough Output Device: ALSA:AML-AUGESOUND, HDMI
All formats enabled.

All HD sound works, include Truhd-Atmos, DTS-Xā€¦
Onkyo TX-RZ730 11.1 set
Ugoos direct connect to the AVR
Pure kodi, not over plex.

Delete something from storage to make space? I assume the sd card is not broken which means you will always has issues with it.

1 Like

Channels should be set to 2. All will start working like a miracle :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

DTS Neural:X is a AVR sound mode.
You need to change the AVR mode to Auto or equivalent, as it is now it is upmixing the TrueHD core to Neural:X which is discarding the Atmos bitstream on that AVR.

Not a CoreELEC issue IMHO.

Nah. At least 5.1 with multi PCM HDMI set for output (just HDMI PCM would limit output to only 2 channels iirc). I have my fair share of relatively old Blu-ray titles with LPCM 5.1 as the highest quality audio for the title :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Never tested this settings with CE but Android kodi need to have 2.0 set to sent bitstream to avrā€¦

Your blueray rips collection must be reallllllyyyy old buddy! :blush: I was using pcm with my old rx-v765 in ps3 blueray playerā€¦ 2008? Around I guessā€¦

No.
Android kodi no need to set 2.0
It was maybe 10 years ago.