H96 Max S905X2 working Coreelec

CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-9.2-nightly_20190923-Generic on my H96max X2 4GB/32GB is working :slight_smile:
Tested with WIFI.
Also Button “2” works for me to turn back on.

Youtube Addon is still only 720p :confused:

Have you installed InputStream Adaptive and selected it in Youtube settings, as this will give you 1080p and 4K?

CoreELEC Nightly Add-ons, VideoPlayer InputStream, InputStream Adaptive.

Youtube has an MPEG-DASH tab to tick Use MPEG-DASH, where further settings enable you to select the video quality, HDR, fps etc,

I have installed InputStream Adaptive and selected it in Youtube settings but I think it is still 720p.
Do I have to activate the proxy function?

Oh, and Pulse Eight CEC is not working on this nightly.

You have to activate MPEG-DASH for YouTube for higher video resolutions.

Has anyone tested Ethernet speed on this device? I’m looking to upgrade from my S905x box and the 2 things that have me wanting to upgrade are Gigabit and USB 3.0.

100 Mbps, 1 x usb3

That’s only the 2gb model though, right? Browsing storefronts it appears that the 2gb model is 100M and the 4gb model is 1000M.

no, main is 4/64 model. it’s not very good but was cheap. arround 40$.

Wanted to chime in with my experience.

Bought this device on Amazon so I could easily return if need be. Installed CE 9.2 without issue, dtb used was 4g_1000, otherwise no ethernet. Copied bazzle’s remote.conf and it works without issue. Everything is snappy, USB copying and Samba performance have increased roughly x10.

My only issue, and I could just be an idiot, is playing HDR. On my old s905x box HDR played fine, but here it does not work. Since s905x2 support is new I’m thinking maybe it just doesn’t support it yet? Does anyone have any insight on this?

HDR10+ doesn’t work in CE 9.2
HDR10 and HLG works,
For HDR10+ play (fallback to HDR10) use the latest nightly.

I must have missed ticking some option then.

The files I’m trying to play are definitely HDR10 and not HDR10+, but it still is not playing HDR according to my TV and it’s noticeably missing when switching back and forth between this and the old S905x box.

Make sure the SDR to HDR and HDR to SDR options are disabled in CoreELEC settings, and reboot.
Then run dispinfo in SSH and paste the URL it returns while you play the HDR content.

So I did as you asked. Originally got excited because I realized that the option of HDR>SDR was set to auto, but after disabling and a reboot there was no change. Here is the URL.

http://ix.io/1Ho8

That is odd.

• Is the box connected directly to the TV? (not via AVR)
  • Have you made sure that the input the box is connected to has HDMI 2.0 enabled? Not sure how TCL calls it, in LG TVs it’s called UHD Deep Color.

Yes, it is connected directly.
Yes, it is a compatible HDMI input, and also the same one I’m using with the S905x and the same cable.

The only thing I can add is that the very first time I booted up CE on this new box I was connected to a 1080p non HDR display, and then I moved it to the TV. Maybe it is doing some kind of initial bootup setup that sticks around?

Tomorrow, I will reinstall 9.2 on the microsd card and try a different cable and input, just to rule all of that out.

@cdu13a any ideas?

@TheCoolest @I_am_rushin I looked at the dispinfo output. The TV is not being detected as an HDMI 2.0 device, which means HDR support would not be detected either.

@I_am_rushin you mentioned also having an s905x device that works, could you connect that device to same port on the TV and provide me with the dispinfo from it so that I can compare. If the TV is indeed properly configured then it is likely that the edid info it is passing to the device is problematic and not being processed correctly.

Has anyone tried the BL301 inject tool on this box? I installed the tool successfully but could not update the config.ini because “ir-keytable -u” returns a “device not found” message. I’m using the remote.conf file uploaded by bazzle here. I can put the box into sleep mode but can’t wake it up using the power button. The ‘2’ button also no longer wakes up the box since installing the tool :worried:.

What is the output of:
fdtget -t s /flash/dtb.img /meson-remote status
and
fdtget -t s /flash/dtb.img /meson-ir status