Hardkernel Shopping Direct Limited Warranty

I bought mine (in the US) with a credit card that extends the warranty by 2 years. Not sure I want to test that “extension” once they find out the original manufacturer’s warranty is only 4 weeks.

After exchanging several emails with ameridroid, they suggested I send my faulty board back for inspection and “maybe they’ll be able to fix it”. When I bought it they didn’t not offer the extended warranty they offer now.
I’d like to join the suggestion not to buy this board from any vendor who does not offer an option for proper warranty, as it seems to be a game of chance.

Yeah my video output is also broken since a few days.
I’m from europe but bought it from ameridroid, because it was a bit cheaper in total, but i think i can put it in the thrash now. They will never ever repair it on their costs (probably understandable).
It was a really great device for the time it worked, but it lasted waaay to short. I think i will stay away from Odroid from now on…

Don’t put it in the trash just yet. You can use it as a headless server or find someone to check the hdmi port.

What’s the issue you have with video output?
Wonder if it’s similar to mine.

Hmm first the video started going on and off from time to time.
Then there was some green, Grey (idk) noise and the screen off sequences got longer, so it was hard to watch any movies.
Eventually the video completely disappeared, no matter which hdmi port of my TV I use.
I must say, that I haven’t tried any other screens yet. Yeah maybe I just put an Ubuntu on it and use it for docker etc.

I must say I have really no idea who could fix such a problem for a reasonable price.

You can ask in a phone repair shop to check the hdmi connection. If they can find something not connecting well and resolder it.

1 Like

Not exactly like mine though there some similarities. Mine was with anything 4K but mostly ok with lower resolutions, My post was moved to the Kodi thread if you wanna read.
I thought of going to a mobile shop shop, just not sure which has a tech that won’t make it even worse. It’s at least usable for some content. Maybe when I get the VIM3 I ordered to replace it I’ll try that.

Ahh good to know, lately I switched my resolution up to 4k in the menus, maybe there is the problem.
most of my content is at max in full HD so it could be, that I just haven’t noticed the problem until I switched the menu resolution.
Can I switch it back to Full HD without video output (ssh?) ?

My gui is at FHD, but for you try maybe. I think you can edit the guisettings.xml or something. I’m not the most qualified to help :slight_smile:

may have the way to do it.

No just tried it, but even a full reinstall of Corelec didn’t fix the video problems.
Guess i have an unwanted headless server now :confused:

:frowning:
I wouldn’t know what to do with it as a headless server.
btw, you are running it from an mSD or eMMC?

My N2 did the same a few months ago I have recently managed to get video output through the AV connection and could watch Youtube on Ubuntu .I have not been able to get coreelec to boot yet,I think a lot of editing settings are required.Have now ordered micro USB to HDMI converter in the hope I can at least get 1080p.There has been quite a few faulty HDMI connector issues now.Moved on to the VIM3 now so not too fussed about it now

I’m running on a micro SD card

I don’t think CE installation should need much settings edit.

I’ve ordered a VIM3 too and eagerly awaiting for it to arrive so I can watch stuff properly.

I doubt the issues can be related to OS media, but I know very little about any of this :slight_smile:
I have the CE Edition with it running on mSD too.

Seems this device is not very durable. Here’s 2 recent reports:
https://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=181&t=37199
https://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=181&t=37218

1 Like

Seems …
every electronic device could be faulty

I am not certain that saying that the N2 is unreliable is fair. Every device has a certain failure rate - which most of the time you never hear about because their simply generic thrown way items which you bin when they fail.
Is the N2 statistically any more unreliable or is it just because of thread like this which concentrate the chatter of complaints ?

Shoog

Purchased my N2 March 2019 and it’s been running non-stop for 8 months without a single problem.

Posting about a couple of people who have had a problem or a faulty board does not mean the device is “not very durable”.

What you need to think is that most people only post if they have a problem with a product and not if the product is completely fine and working good, so for every 1 post that says a board is dead there may be 100’s or 1000’s of other people with good boards.