Hardware settings - IR Remote wakeup

In the CoreELEC/Hardware Settings (I’m on the Matrix nightlies) there is an option for IR Remote Power Code which opens a sub-menu with various remotes listed. Choosing one or other remote dynamically edits the config.ini file which allows wakeup by IR remote. Can I add my own remote code to that list? I had my own remote (Venz V10) working ok some time back on 9.2.5 stable but it’s no longer waking the N2+

Thanks Vasco - I know about the feature and I can see the list. I have my own remote power code and I had it working before this feature was introduced. I just wanted to know if the predefined list of IR power codes was held in a file somewhere so that I could add my own. Otherwise I will edit config.ini directly.

Now that I read it again i understood it! Sorry!

I added a user remote wakeup file support in CE-19. It will be supported with next nightly 20210219.
Please re-read the how to: How to configure IR wakeup code

Hi Portisch. I just noticed your edit of the howto when I was re-doing my config.ini file manually. My manual edit is now working with my VenzV10 remote and I have prepared a new remotewakeup file in /.config ready for next nightly. Many thanks for the speedy response!
Joe

Tested on nightly 20210219. Working perfectly. Thanks, great facility!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.