HDR10+ / DV automatic switching

Hey guys.

I’m new to CE and trying out CE-21-ne on a Ugoos X4Q Extra with -J chip box and a Samsung HDR10+ TV. While this TV doesn’t support DV I would still like to have it enabled for LLDV. But when DV is enabled in KODI it then completely ignores HDR10+ (with hybrid videos that have both profiles encoded) and instead displays such videos in plain HDR10 (I’m guessing it’s doing LLDV->HDR10). This otherwise doesn’t happen with Android Kodi, there it switches between them and uses both correctly - I’ve tested this with different DV profiles.

Basically I’m asking if there is a way to implement a priority feature for what the TV reports it’s capable of. I would really like to have DV enabled for LLDV conversions, because otherwise when it’s disabled CE just plays all DV content in SDR. At least on my setup.

I’m by no means an expert in video profiles so forgive me if I’m way off. :slight_smile:

You can disable Dolby Vision because LLDV is not being sent as HDR.

You can try with a “developer” version from this post. Go through and read that (long :slight_smile: thread which explains how to use DV VS10 Engine to make all sorts of format conversions.
Download update tar is linked in this post.

1 Like

Thx for your reply. Oh, ok, I thought that’s how LLDV is done on a software level. By disabling DV how can I then enable DV to HDR conversion in this case? Here is an example (sry can’t post more than one) from Android Kodi, where DV content displays as HDR, by using the DV codec:

Ty for this. I will give it a read :slight_smile:

User is using NE and that build is based on NG. @_underscore using NG builds will require a fresh install.

1 Like

This is already all explained in suggested thread…