Help with CEC commands (N2)

One additional observation:
When I’m changing “Physical address (overrules HDMI port)” to whatever value: 1 or 2 or 3 and confirm with OK button then:

1. I’m not loosing CEC functionality and
  2. Those two additional options “Connected to HDMI device” nor “HDMI port number” are not appearing

I’m running CoreELEC 9.2.5 on Odroid-N2 -> Denon AVR-X2200W -> Panasonic OLED TV (HDMI port 2 ARC)

I had absolutely the same options as you do on the nightly. Hope you can fix it

I am not sure, it’s a forward/backwards of config options with auto detection and some other stuff.

I am now able to set a HDMI port 1-15. On next reboot, HDMI port become 0 again and libCEC does set the physical address instead. This looks “ok” for me. My HDMI port 3 on TV become 3000 as physical address. libCEC just convert the HDMI port 3 to 3000 physical address and set HDMI again to 0 as physical address should be used.

But now I changed the physical address to a “wrong” value like 1000 it become the old/correct value 3000 again after a reboot as libCEC does test and auto detect the correct one. Do the setting is useless right now.

It’s completely mixed up and the options are changed on multiple places in Kodi and libCEC…

Maybe it’s better to drop the option HDMI port at all.
For example a physical address like 2200 is not possible to be adjusted. And the physical address do have priority in libCEC as well. It’s just confusing that a user set a HDMI port and on next reboot it’s set to 0 again.

1 Like

Yes! Just leave the physical port option! I have just tested CEC at home and have the same behavior as you that it resets the HDMI physical port to 0 when Kodi is restarted. No matter 9.2.5 or current nightly. But now I have done following: when TV is shut down - do nothing. When Kodi is not rebooted the option of HDMI physical port remains. I have set there the value of two and it works just perfectly. Looking forward for your fix. Please tell me what is the correct value for the setup when Kodi is connected to AVR?

It’s like this pdf shows:

TV is physical address 0000

device direct on TV: physical address x000
x is the HDMI port where the device is connected to the TV

device connected to AVR and the AVR is connected to TV: physical address xy00
x is the HDMI port where the AVR is connected to the TV.
y is the HDMI port where the device is connected to the AVR

Example:
2200 is [TV] -> HDMI 2 -> [AVR] -> HDMI 2 -> [CE DEVICE]

I removed now the HDMI setting and it looks working with only the physical address. When it’s set 0 it auto detect the physical address and save it. But you are able to modify the value of you want to.
If it is not equal 0 auto detection is off and libCEC use the set address.
But I have only a CE19 build ready to test, CE 9.2 is still compiling…

2 Likes

Thank you! I have now just set the kodi to stay on when TV is off. But when your 9.2 build is ready I will test it with pleasure.

Looks working here. When I am connected to my monitor what isn’t able to handle CEC at all and I set 2200 just for tests it looks like it get used:

DEBUG: CecLogMessage - CEC client registered: libCEC version = 4.0.4, client version = 4.0.0, firmware version = 5, logical address(es) = Recorder 1 (1) , physical address: 2.2.0.0,  compiled on Wed Jan  6 16:50:24 UTC 2021 by portisch@ubuntu on Linux 5.4.0-58-generic (x86_64), features: P8_USB, DRM, P8_detect, AOCEC

Here a test image. It’s based on nightly + this CEC fix:
https://mega.nz/file/PeoVGY6A#CA2n2YSAr11cBC8KutQo5SCYt9Wx319KR-hb2-7cLwM
If the CEC fix got merged please update again to a nightly or release as this image will do not update automatic, thank you.

1 Like

After the reboot it says physical address. 0, But before the reboot there were 2400 as value… when i manually change it to 2400 it changes it to 0 at the next reboot… Is it supposed to be like that? Is it somehow possible to save the value at reboot?

I will also try the nightly with CEC fix.
So I should set in CE to address 1, 2 or 3?
N2 -> AVR -> TV HDMI 1 is my current config

Here it does save it, then I reboot and the value is still there. Maybe you remove cec_CEC_Adapter.xml in userdata folder. Then reboot and setup CEC from scratch.

1 Like

I did remove all the settings. (this XML file), then set the physical adress to 2, after reboot it is back to 0… Also if I set it 2400 it is back to 0 after a reboot. Maybe i am doing something wrong. Anyway i set it to 2400 for now and disabled the kodi shutdown when tv is off. I will install next nightly to test. Is it possible to set this “2400” value using the config file when the sd card is installed in the pc?

Enable debug log in Kodi and cec component. Then set 2400 as physical address.

Reboot

After reboot share your kodi.log please.

2 is a wrong number and would not work. To the physical address mask does need 4 numbers in a range from 1000-FFFE

The log is here: http://ix.io/2L5s
i hope we can find the problem…

You have a Typo in your link…

1 Like

Thank you. Have corrected it… Hopefully it helps.

No, there is no kodi.log included. Looks like you picked the wrong debug upload.
But wait, I will create a new test image first…

Here is my log.

The log shows me it got set to 2400 on start.
Anyway here a new image. please use this and set the value again after update. then reboot and make a new kodi.log if necessary.

https://mega.nz/file/fSRAATqI#nZYZu8e90TZ1zyZnbyjoYI_X7-tTvZB7_9dA2QAhzx4

1 Like