Homatics Box R 4K Plus

Why B21 works perfectly? Never a problem in CE BT

What is flirc usb. I know very few about it

Works for you: for me it works sometimes and sometimes not. In my tests both remotes worked exactly same way (unreliably).

For me, both B21 and B25 worked same. No difference. Both connect or not connect.

It’s paired, I can move up/down/left/right, home button works too. But the OK/Enter button doesn’t work :frowning:

You need to adjust hwdb database. Using evtest program from system tools addon to get OK button code and then follow

1 Like

I have this one (black from Dune) and it is working fine, both BT and IrDA.
I am using CE 20.3 nightly.

Its programable usb IR receiver. All your remotes what have ir mode, can you easyly setup to works fine in CoreElec. Eg. plug your flirc usb to the pc, choose kodi in flirc program, set and map all your buttons there, then plug to homatics box, and voila works perfect. Just the wake up will not work.

Thanks Frodo, didn’t know about it. Will give it a try . I have to order a flirc first… eheh … eheh

Good little thing. I have 3, and use for different eqipments, with different remotes…

My remote is not from Dune but from Homatics. I dont think is the same even if they look the same.

So they must be very reliable. What about ATV you use flirc also overthere?

All remotes from homatics, dune just sell them, all have homatics logo too, just the color other. :wink:

Ok, but that doesn’t really respond my question, meaning why the version in CE menu doesn’t show actual version on the box? Mine has downloaded couple nightly updates (box rebooted) and it still shows as 20230816.
Is this a bug?

It is shown as B25 in CE menu under BT tab. Starts with D0:1B:1F:6B.

There , you can too, but in Atv the bluetooth works fine. Practically in the Atv, the bluetooth remote paired, when you reboot to coreelec, there not paired, and the remote works with flirc in IR mode. You can see, when the remote flashing green , that bluetooth mode, when red, than IR mode. No more pairing process required.

Fine. will try asap. Thank you

Yeah,managed to test the Homatics (white) B25 and it doesn’t work with CE.

After pairing it successfully ,there no event created in /dev/input/ ,so no wonder that it doesn’t work .

After Googling a bit,i did found some similar situations and it seem to point at bluez,but can’t say for sure.

and if you do as I wrote in Homatics Box R 4K Plus - #1591 by vpeter does it work then?

@vpeter nope,stays dead as a rock ,no response at all .
I also tested on LE11,same outcome .

I did saw an authentication error once ,in bluetoothctl ,but probably was just triggered by a failed pairing .

Another odd behavior is that it seems to re-connect automatically after pressing “disconnect” in the Bluetooth menu.