Homatics Box R 4K Plus

So why you don’t connect the running CoreELEC with smb or sftp from your pc with total commander?

Thats old kernel, dolby vision will not work with that, in CE 21 ne beta nightly.
You need talk with Nokia for update the Atv version.

Hi!

Thanks for reply.

I just managed to upload the dovi.ko to root of the storage, via filezilla sftp and the kodi startup error went awat but as you mentioned it doesnt work. Should it work with CE20 stable version?

Should this dovi.ko file work with the CE20 stable version?

Br, Sebo

As far as I know DV works only since CE NE 20.3 nightly… No 20 stable.

But I don’t know it for sure…

Hi guys,

quick question - what’s better 8bit RGB or 12bit 4:2:2 for DoVi ?

Thank you in advance for your reply.

No tv support 12 bits, so just 8 bits

Mediainfo app on PC usually reports 10 bit for dolby vision files, so I use 10 bit, leaving the subsampling setting on auto.

Hey, quick question regarding an install on this device. I am attempting to install the v21 nightly on the Dune HD Homatics Box R 4K plus. The device boots to the CE installer, then it seems to hang on the step “resizing file system … /” (note the / style progress indicator is moving). As of writing, it’s been stuck there for about 30 minutes. Should it really be taking this long? The flash drive is a 256GB Sandisk. Any thoughts? Thanks!

That size drive, I will take a while.

ALL UHD TV support 12 bit input signal from HDMI,it’s HDMI 2.0 specification.
Like all FHD support 10 bit input signal from HDMI.

10 or 8 bit panel no matter.

3 Likes

Hi everyone,
i have a Nokia 8010 running with coreelec and for the most part everything is working as expected.
Since im running the box in germany and its running pre-5310 build android, im currently running amlogic-ne nightly 20230627 to preserve dolby vision support.

The “issues” im having are two:

1. Even with disabled everything in coreelec the box still shuts off with the TV. After some time, it does not start up with the TV anymore and i have to powercycle it. What can i do to prevent this from happening ?
  2. After some time (mostly after it was in standby/off and coming on again after switching on the TV) it seems like audio-passthrough is broken in some way. The TV is showing dolby atmos, but the soundbar is switching between ARC and Atmos and after some back and forth is staying in ARC-“mode”.
    This could just be a standby-issue as well.

Also with amlogic-no being available, and the nokia probably supported via Homatics/Generic, is there any news about DV being supported for older builds of android ? Im still waiting for the newer ones, but wouldnt count on it beeing available soon.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi everyone, delighted to become a part of this community!

I just bought the Homatics Box R 4K Plus, and installed CoreELEC-Amlogic-ne.aarch64-21.0-Omega_nightly_20240102-Generic.img.gz following the available guide. All went well, however once I booted into Coreelec, I got a notification that Dolby Vision is not supported.

I have the latest publicly available Android firmware, and Dolby Vision is enabled in Android.

What am I doing wrong?

Many thanks

What your android firmware version?

Put dovi.ko file to storage partition. File is from user few days back.

1 Like

Kernel version 5.4.180-ab4674

Thank you! Unfortunately, there is no storage partition on the USB after writing the CoreELEC image on it. Do I put the file into the root folder perhaps?

1 Like

Thats old kernel.
Write message to the homatics support, with your box sn, the label under the box.
They will for you force Update.

support@homatics.com

I managed to move the file to storage via SSH. Dolby Vision works now! Thanks a lot, mate!

I have the same problem with NOKIA 8010. I have SW version: 11.8.4674.
I need to get 11.8.6019
can someone help me with this? well thank you