Homatics Box R 4K Plus

Ask Nokia for update if you need it?

I wrote to NOKIA but no answer.

What is the latest firmware for homatics?

6261 is latest I think…

On my dune/Homatics I’m on 5310 and on Dune Premier 4kpro I’m on 2856 … It’s a shame for Dune HD users . I don’t know why they not push all boxes at minimum 5310 or 5554 … Did the update server at dune runs once a year?

Has anyone experienced extreme sluggishness with this device? The UI is running unbearably slow. A simple menu selection movement is taking about 15-20 seconds.

I’m currently on the ne-20.3 but have also tried ne-21.

Yes since the day I purchased it and never got to the bottom of why. I use the tvheadend add on and wondered if it was that but not convinced. I’ve tailed the logs (with debug logging enabled) and when it hangs up the logs show nothing happening.

It’s my daily driver and I even use some heavier skins and no slowdown.

Yes, as me. I use, and test lot of plugins too… Snappy. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hello guys
When playing H.264 videos on my hometics with CE21ne nightly, there will be abnormal stripes at the bottom of the screen. When I turn off hardware decoding, it will work normally.And when I playback it in ATV with kodi, it will work normally too.
H.265 does not have this issue. I also tried my other two devices, S905X2 and S905D, and they are all working properly.
H.264 HW Decoding:

H.264 SW Decoding:

Please share a short sample. It’s because of missing 8 lines on bottom and picture must be crop.

Please take a look.

I wondered if maybe the TVHeadend addond wasn’t happy with it? I use exactly the same setup on my N2 and N2+ and they have no hang ups but when using the same setup on the Homatics it suffers from lots of random hangs when trying to navigate. I’ve tried it exporting skin settings from the N2 and also just recreating the settings from scratch and the same hangups have always persisted. I use the titan mod skin.

Check with top what is cpu usage.

@Portisch
Thats happen here too with all 720*404 files. Homatics atv12, android kernel 5.4.242.
CE ne nightly.

sample

Have you ever contacted the support? maybe they send a newer firmware if it is asked for?

Just says that the main kodi executable is at the top but the kodi.log suggests nothing is happening.

Yes I have . But they don’t know what I want.They Always talking about Dune HD media center app and how to update it when I ask for latest android firmware…

1 Like

This looks like the same issue myself and @bossanova808 reported in the Amlogic-no thread:- Amlogic-no Discussion - #78 by roidy

In my case it happened on h264 1080p content and checking the media none of them have any missing pixels at the bottom, they are all exactly the resolution they should be, 1920x1080

We know the issue. Please try again with Amlogic-ne if it’s same issue.

Am away still, but I can say with amlogic -ng on N2/N2+ the same files definitely play without any distortions. (I don’t have any -ne install as I believe that’s not for the N2s, right?)