Homatics Box R 4K Plus

Try this:

http://ix.io/4uC0

I have Term Sharing / CorElec developers/Connect Name (mine) on

Linux version 5.4.125 …Thu Mar 16

You should first update to latest nightly and follow this instructions:

Dune’s solution also handles Profile 7 dual track dual layer too, of course using only the RPU from the second track.

It uses the same way we do it with libdovi in MEL configuration.

Basically we’re at the mercy of Amlogic. Maybe if there’s enough pressure on them from their partners + users they’ll budge, but I have my doubts.
I also think that they intentionally crippled this functionality to prevent playback of full remux/ISO rips, obviously it’s just my guess, as we don’t really have any official statements from them.

Yes, the RPU is used in the same way as libdovi from FEL (although they still convert to 8.1 the old way). However, Dune can also use this method from DTDL files, under CoreELEC the Dual Track files are only displayed in HDR.

This a limitation of kodi not supporting multistream videos

What I don’t understand is that Kodi doesn’t support it, so why doesn’t CE do something to improve it?

It is non-trivial, and would require a lot more than the few active developers that CE currently has.
We usually don’t intervene too much in Kodi itself, we mostly take care of the under-the-hood stuff like the base OS and kernel, to make sure that playback works as well as it can in the confines of what we have to work with (ie the vendor kernel).

Dune does not handle dual tracks as well. In 4.9 this was done correct by dual hardware decoder. This is still possible on 5.4 by the kernel but the dovi module itself does not accept it anymore. So Dune do it like we do and read the file as one and modify the RPU and clear out the FEL.

Like the test file BL_EL.mkv shows clear the same results on Dune app player and CE with libdovi.

We would be able to handle it also with dual decoder. But I makes no sense as dovi module return a error and clear it out to SDR. Just change the DV convert option to lossless and dual decoder will be used.

Could you please explain where to put this file to get remote working

Just pair the remote, file comes included in CoreELEC.

Thanks for the reply. I tried that but did not work. I checked the nightlies and realised I didn’t have the latest so I reflashed my usb drive but cannot get Coreelec to boot at all now. I have tried to boot via toothpick method but it just keeps cycling from installing to press reset again to enter recovery then back to installing. I tried a factory reset of the homatics box but same result when I try to boot to coreelec. Have also tried installing from SD card via usb card reader but same result.

Any help greatly appreciated.

It would be an improvement if CoreELEC could also read the RPU from the second track.

Make a clean install and use the correct DTB (SEI280)

Thank you for your reply. I did try that but no joy. I still had an earlier version on my computer so I tried that and finally had success. That version automatically updated almost immediately and everything good. Finally got the b21 remote paired so very happy.

Be sure to use correct DTB.

I have it booting ok now and using correct dtb but if I shutdown in Kodi I can’t restart via the b21 power button. The only way I can restart is to pull the power cord out and reinsert.it . Doing this I loose the bluetooth connection and have to re pair. I s this as good as it is at present?

Sadly it just works like this.

Sadly same answer as above.

I did do lot of tests with BT last few days and the conclusion is: BT sucks!

Have you explored the IR side of things to keymap it?

Homatics device doesn’t have IR receiver.