Homatics Box R 4K Plus

SFR-QR1-MEDIA

2 Likes

Until the CoreElec option for this boxes, I always had it in a (front) closed drawer, no issues with heating up. Now I use the Flirc and that works by IR, so closed drawer is not a great way for IR reception. Extension for USB would be an option, but now I placed it in a open space above that drawer and that solves that :wink:

I prefer one remote for both (A-TV and CE).

1 Like

I typically use a USB-HID RF remotes and find any one I have better than line of sight Flirc IR. The G20 Pros with both BT and RF plus they happen to work with many of my S905x4 devices in IR mode too. It would be an ideal remote for CE if the battery life was better. On 4pda I’ve seen there are firmware updates for it but I’ve never been able to find the actual files.

For CE IR is usually need to wake devices that have that blob support.

@vpeter, would be possible to change the the off state red led to 0? I mean led will be in the power on state as is now, just when the CE power off state, the led not light up, no red light. thanks

You can put this line into file /storage/.config/autostart.sh:

echo 000000 >/sys/devices/platform/soc/fe000000.apb4/fe06c000.i2c/i2c-3/3-003c/leds/bct3236/edge_color_off

Till now no one mentioned colors. Maybe should be off by default when device is powered off?

1 Like

Yes, I want to all led off when device off… No need any led there…
We have asked homatics, in the beta forum, to be possible separate set the on and off status led in ATV side…

I have found that Coreelec is the only way I can achieve all the audio options and Dolby Vision advertised for this box. However the inability to suspend and re - wake is a real problem. There is mention of reeboot into AV before powering down but the problem I have found with that option is that when I re - boot the box returns to AV. The only way back to Coreelec is to cycle the power and this sometimes takes several attempts before success.

For now I leave the box powered up and just change inputs on my TV or if I am not using the box for a while I switch off at wall socket. It would be great if the coreelec and homatics teams could find a better solution.
Appreciate the great work you have already done.

It works for me using the power save menu and I wake the box with cec

The main issue is the USB 5V are powered off by the bl30 blob. So on resume the physical USB device where CE was booted got removed and reinsert. This should be no issue on the Dune when using µSD as it keeps powered.

One user soldered the CHQ1838/vs1838B IR diode, to the original homatics box mainboard, and he said, he can wake-up the device from the CoreELEC power-off state. He use the remote IR, with the remote conf was shared here earlier. I will made the modifications in mine when my diodes arrived, and will check…

I have the Dune Homatics and use it with an IR remote and can confirm that it shuts down and restarts successfully on sending KEY_POWER.

The Dune Homatics, like the Homatics R Plus also, has no µSD on board?

What is Dune Homatics?

It’s Dune OR Homatics, two different vendor, two different PCBs.
Nokia 8010 and RockTek do have again another PCB as well.

Someone please write a table about all available vendor/PCB/configs?

Dune HD Homatics Box R 4K Plus” << that is what they call it.

There is a table, also shared here as I recall, but PCB version is not in them.

We’re aware of that but it’s easier to distinguish between devices if we just use the final vendor name, homatics, dune, Nokia, etc

Here is the current known versions…

Add by moderator:
Here is better table with differences: Homatics/Dune/Nokia/Rocktek Dolby Vision

3 Likes

Thanks @vpeter :+1: Works fine

Using just Homatics could be confusing if you want to buy one online. I think only the Box R 4K Plus has the Dolby Vision yet they have similar look and names Streaming Media Player – Homatics

That’s not what I meant, use Homatics full name everytime you want to. I just wanted to distinguish the dune version from the Homatics one in specific conversations.

My Dune also powers on with the IR remote.

One add’l thing to note:

When auto powered on by the Dune box power-up, my TV defaults to its own home screen. An extra button press (any one) on the Dune remote will switch it to the Dune’s screen and everything works fine.

Would be nice to not need that (so as not to confuse an SO). Not a big deal for myself and most I suppose.