Homatics Box R 4K Plus

No. at the moment this is the best and CE team is giving full support to it.

1 Like

also what i found is that on latest stable the lan port does not seam to work.

it states its connected and it detects if a link is present but the dhcp is taking for ever (maybe timing out) and than always gets a random kinda ipipa adress like 169.xxx.xxx.xxx

i know for a fact that is has to be a problem of the box since the shildtv worked and i tested the cable with a laptop today.

for now i use wifi but would love to switch back to cable.

Its a fresh install with no modifications and just some basic setup like linking to a folder with atmos and auro3d demo files.

Things are working normally in nightly. :person_shrugging:

1 Like

I certainly have had better luck with the nightly. That being said, I had no problem with the LAN port on the stable version.

hm … strange.

can someone tell me how i can install nightly for this box / which download link i should use ?

https://wiki.coreelec.org/coreelec:ce_support
https://relkai.coreelec.org/?dir=Amlogic-ne/ce-21

thank you (:
that’s what i saw before i decided to go stable ^^
but there are different images in that folder.
i have no clue what VIM4 or VIM1S is :confused:

Those are other devices. Homatics is “generic”. It’s exactly the same with stable.

1 Like

I use the nightlies, but I can’t get the remote working. I have the Dune box, so I believe either the IR or BT can work, but I’m not sure of the correct options to choose.

Right now I’m using the TV remote, which works fine, but I’d like to go IR or BT because CEC causes issues occasionally. And, I don’t know how the CEC is enabled because when I’m in ATV mode, the remote works (but I don’t know if it’s in BT or IR mode).

Any help or link to a guide would be much appreciated.

IR or BT working can be easy checked. Hold your hand directly in front of the remote and see if the box reacts :wink: The Dune remote changes to IR mode only if the BT connection is not established during Android TV bootup.

Copy this remote.conf file to either the root folder of your SD card / USB flash drive or to /storage/.config/ folder, then reboot. Pair the remote just in Android tv system, do not pair in CoreElec. When the remote lights up green, then bluetooth mode, when red than ir mode.

1 Like

I used the generic download and used the SEI device tree. Booted with a USB pen drive in the USB 3.0 slot with a paperclip in the recessed reset hole pressing the hidden button until CoreElec booted.

Ethernet working OK (not checked but assume it’s Gigabit as nothing has stuttered, even high bitrate stuff). Have a few Dolby Vision files and one of them triggered my TV into DV mode.

I’m using my trusty PS3 Media remote via Bluetooth - so Bluetooth is also working.

CoreELEC makes the box a winner.

In terms of ethernet, I get around 700 Mbps. It’s not the Gig one would hope for, but way plenty for most use cases.

2 Likes

Nokia 8010 arrived today. I wanted to see what the Android TV looked like before I set up CoreELEC, but I can’t use it without a Google account? I’m stuck at the sign in screen. No way to skip. I also couldn’t go forward without connecting to the internet, so I plugged in my ethernet cable. Since I can’t get into Android TV, how am I supposed to check my firmware and update it in the future if need be? Well I turned it off and used the toothpick method to use CoreELEC.

Anyways, I don’t have a spare 3.0 speed USB with me so I had to use a 2.0 speed USB, burned CoreELEC-Amlogic-ne.aarch64-21.0-Omega_nightly_20230529-Generic.img to it using GNOME Disk Utility, copied sc2_s905x4_sei_smb_280.dtb from device_trees into the root folder as dtb.img. Plugged my USB into the USB 2.0 port, used the toothpick method, took a while to resize STORAGE (probably cause of the USB) but it successfully booted into CoreELEC. I’m in the welcome screen and I can’t proceed. Remote doesn’t work. AFAIK Nokia 8010 does have IR and Bluetooth. I tried a USB-C to USB-A cable on the USB 3.0 port and plugged in my DualSense controller, no dice, can’t navigate the welcome screen. Also tried with a DualShock 4 controller with a Micro USB-B to USB-A cable on the USB 3.0 port and doesn’t work. I’m stuck at this step.

Any help? Would appreciate a working remote.conf for the Nokia 8010. Also would like to know how to set up Android TV without internet and a Google account.

Edit: I enabled Bravia Sync (CEC) on my TV and am using the TV remote right now.

i am no expert so take anything i say with a grain of salt (:

1.) Android is not meant to be used without an account. Either you create an google account or you dont use android tv afaik only ChromeOS has a guestmode before setup.

2.) i used a wireless keyboard/mous with a dongle on the other usb port. (not the c) Homatics has 2 full size usb ports.
→ boot stick into usb 3 port and keyboard into usb 2 slot (c port empty)

bu i still am on stable so maybe there is a difference to nightly tho ^^

1 Like

Yeah, this must be something new cause with my X96 Max Plus I was able to skip/deny all useless prompts when setting up Android TV. Don’t know which version of Android TV it was though.

I will format and set up again when I buy another 3.0 speed USB. I’m just testing it today.

1 Like

Maybe because it’s not a certified Android TV box with an accordingly Android TV OS on it?

1 Like

Try this ,
Use meson IR mode.

ssh into Coreelec

systemctl stop kodi
systemctl stop eventlircd

Create a file
/storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg and put this code:
meson-ir * NOKIA

Create a file, name NOKIA to /storage/.config/rc_keymaps/
and put this code:

# table NOKIA, type: NEC
0xbf0d KEY_POWER
0x1d0209 KEY_MENU
0x1d025c KEY_HOME
0x1d0259 KEY_UP
0x1d0254 KEY_LEFT
0x1d0255 KEY_ENTER
0x1d0215 KEY_RIGHT
0x1d0251 KEY_DOWN
0x1d0219 KEY_BACK
0xbf43 KEY_VOLUMEDOWN
0xbf44 KEY_VOLUMEUP
0xbf0e KEY_MUTE
0x1d0213 KEY_1
0x1d0212 KEY_2
0x1d0210 KEY_3
0x1d0217 KEY_4
0x1d0216 KEY_5
0x1d0214 KEY_6
0x1d021b KEY_7
0x1d021a KEY_8
0x1d0218 KEY_9
0x1d021e KEY_0
0x1d021f KEY_PREVIOUS
0x1d0203 KEY_PLAYPAUSE
0x1d0202 KEY_NEXT
0x1d0250 KEY_REWIND
0x1d0201 KEY_STOP
0x1d024c KEY_FASTFORWARD
0x1d0208 KEY_INFO
0x1d020a KEY_RED
0x1d024d KEY_GREEN
0x1d020e KEY_YELLOW
0x1d020c KEY_BLUE
0x1d0211 KEY_CONTEXT_MENU
0x1d0204 KEY_CHANNELUP
0x1d0206 KEY_CHANNELDOWN
0x1d022e KEY_FAVORITES
0x1d021c KEY_EPG

at the end ssh again :

ir-keytable -a /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg -s rc0
systemctl start eventlircd
systemctl start kodi

Thanks. Everything works except the volume buttons.

I tried Bluetooth before you replied, and some buttons worked while others didn’t, like the main button to enter/select stuff. While trying Android TV the remote also used Bluetooth, so I guess it is paired there, will that be a problem in the future?

I’ve gone ahead and disabled Bluetooth in CoreELEC settings. Interestingly the remote still works if I point it away from the device, even when I completely hide it. Thoughts? I hope it’s not using Bluetooth, although how could it?

Thanks for the remote instructions. Everything works great now!

This box, because of Coreelec, has everything I wanted.