Homatics Box R 4K Plus

i am still on stable but ill try if just replacing the file there will work as well :smiley:

this i why i had the wrong file :/

CoreELEC - Device Trees is also not showing _smb_280.dtb

→ i think i see why - it is only for the nightly branch and the lookup table & downlaod manager are for stable (:

may i ask what the rough estimated time for a release is to move from nightly to stable? (moths? years?)
And if can one upgrade/switch from nightly to stable branch when it becomes stable? <3

Every video I play, whether 8-bit or 10-bit YUV 4:2:0, plays in 12-bit YUV 4:4:4. I’m checking this with player process info screen. Did I change a setting accidentally or is this intended behavior? Must be a bug right? I tried with whitelist on and off. Force display color depth and force color subsampling is set to auto.

Nokia 8010
CoreELEC-Amlogic-ne.aarch64-21.0-Omega_nightly_20230603-Generic.img

I bought a Dune HD Homatics Box R 4K plus. Its a black box.

I installed CE 21 latest nightly on a thumb drive and booted using the reset method. I tried both the generic 4gb 1 gbit S904 nightly as well as the sc2_s905x4_sei_smb_280.dtb by renaming them as dtb.img

The box gets stuck on this garbled CE screen as seen in the image.

Is Coreelec supporting AV1 codec in this box?

Yes, AV1 is supported.

1 Like

looks like a broken HDMI signal to me (but i am no expert).
but would advice to check the connections or check the box with another cable / screen.

maybe it has a problem with the resolution or wrong Hz?

1 Like

could it be that smb hasn’t worked since the last 3 nightlies? I can no longer connect to the box via smb. there is always an authorization error message. with version from 090523 it still worked. SSH or sftp works normally.

It is working for me by using SMB, yesterday still was, after installing the last update that was offered to me.

Sehr seltsam… Mit meinem SD Backup vom 09.05 geht’s , mit aktueller Version nicht , obwohl alles in den settings gleich ist .

Oh sorry… Forgot to write in English…

Strange … With backup SD card from 090523 it works fine with same settings as the latest one …

Does anyone know why I need to hold down the Home+Back buttons on my R21 remote every time I reboot my HBR4K+ to connect it over Bluetooth?

1 Like

Same here … So I decided to use IR mode. And so I have the option to use the volume keys for my Marantz avr too.

And I think for suspending the only way is to mount and use internal storage… But I don’t know for sure…

It is one of the mystery issues. Sometimes BT works and sometimes not. Mostly not :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Is there a fix for the storage disconnecting and everything freezing after suspending?

That’s too bad. I find it really convenient having a working Bluetooth remote so I can put the Playback Device away in my media console and not need line-of-sight to it. Bluetooth also just tends to be significantly more responsive (even when communicating over CEC). Any chance of this being fixed at some point?

USB booting when USB get disconnected on suspend/resume is tricky and unsupported.

But you can try partial install to eMMC as described here. Use at your own risk !

I can’t understand why it’s a major annoyance to press 2 buttons to make the remote work. It would be better to not need it but it’s not that bad.

1 Like

Because my family gets frustrated and doesn’t want to use it.

Do any of these Homatics-like boxes have an SD-card slot that you can install to that does allow eMMC booting?

Use CEC or IR

1 Like