Homatics Box R 4K Plus

you can plug your usb2 stick into usb3 slot :smiley: it will work

hm … maybe - i just was stupid when it booted first ^^

look here:

it was the answer i got and which helped me when my ok button did not work :smiley:

Also: i need to hold the two buttons for bluetooth pairing every time elec started so the remote actually connects :smiley:

So I’m trying to test some video and audio files on my Nokia 8010. They’re all on my external HDD. CoreELEC is on the USB 2.0 port. When I plug in the HDD to the USB 3.0 port, Kodi displays a Successfully removed storage: STORAGE and Successfully removed storage: COREELEC, which freezes the whole box. I have to unplug the power adapter, when I plug the power back in, it reboots into Android. I have to use the toothpick method again. When I try again with the HDD, same problem.

Nokia 8010
CoreELEC-Amlogic-ne.aarch64-21.0-Omega_nightly_20230529-Generic.img
sc2_s905x4_sei_smb_280.dtb
http://ix.io/4xab

The HDD pull to much power and kill the power for all USB ports in the moment of plugin.

Solution: use external powered USB hub or USB Y cable with extra power connector.

Interesting, does not happen with my old X96 Max Plus when I plug in the same HDD. Are you sure it can’t be something else? Seems weird a powerful device like this is not able to supply enough power through a USB 3.0 port. Cause it works if I plug it in before I turn the device on. This is a regular external HDD btw, not one of these with external power adapters, although I do have one of those as well.

The same HDD on a different PCB with different components, yes, I am sure this is your problem.

if it is not an SSD and old spinning rust that it pulls alot of power.
using a usb cable with external power like suggested is the best solution.
Or a dock/hub which has its own power. Like the ones used as docking stations nowdays.

So is it a Nokia 8010 problem or Homatics/Dune/Nokia/RockTek problem? I’m just wondering if this is specific to my device or all these same devices. Can Homatics users chime in? Surely some you use external HDDs that don’t use a power adapter to watch local media. Does it crash immediately when plugged in? It doesn’t crash if I plug it in before I turn the device on. So it is able to supply power, it just crashes the whole box only when it is plugged in after Kodi has loaded.

I will try an external HDD with a power adapter and report back.

On another note, whenever I select the Reboot option in Kodi, the box reboots to Android instead of back to CoreELEC.

Hi, I have an Dune HD Homatics, and I try to connect by ssh with correct username and pass but when it connect in putty automaticaly close and show “Connection clsed by remote host” , i need help

https://wiki.coreelec.org/coreelec:ce_support

have you enabled ssh in coreelec settings? it’s disabled by default
did you change the default ssh password?

user and pass:
coreelec

had that problem yesterday on my x96air with -ng nightly. All of sudden after a reboot I was unable to ssh to it with that same error.
Tried everything, from setting a key, to changing the password. To testing an old locale fix.
I’ve found that I could send commands with ssh but I would not stay logged in. Deleted all the keys and rebooted and nothing helped. Tried downgrading some nightly’s as I was not aware when it started the issue and did not fix.
The only way to fix was to “downgrade” to stable 20.1. After that ssh started working fine.
Did not “upgrade” to nightly yet.

Hi there. Were you ever able to fix this problem? I also have the newest nightly and the Motorcomm option set, and no luck…

Check the nightly build.

Hi vpeter; if you meant me, I did indeed check on the newest nightly as of an hour ago (20230529).

Post logs: coreelec:ce_support [CoreELEC Wiki]

Did you use the correct dtb? I had the same issue when I first used sc2_s905x4_4g_1gbit.dtb. You need to use sc2_s905x4_sei_smb_280.dtb.

Are you sure?
is this only for nightly ?

sc2_s905x4_4g_1gbit.dtb sounds like the correct one o.o
Are there sources for which sate that the sc2_s905x4_sei_smb_280.dtb is for the homatic ?

Development is done on nightly.

1 Like

ohh maybe that is why my Ethernet is not working correctly o.o
can i just switch that out or do i have to reinstall the whole system?

Update with nightly, manually copy this dtb file, reboot, enjoy.