Homatics Box R 4K Plus

The Versions above 230509 are not working great for me. I can’t access the smb server and all YouTube videos in 4k HDR are not working. There’s no playback.

With my backup from 230509 there are none of these issues.

So can I download the .tar for downgrade to this version? Maybe someone have this version?
CoreELEC-Amlogic-ne.aarch64-21.0-Omega_nightly_20230509.tar

Got this successfully setup this morning although it does seem to have choppy playback when playing back DV content such as some remuxes I’ve done from disc.

Actually it appears to playback choppy if you have the GUI displayed while a video is playing. Seems fine otherwise.

One noob question. If I install CoreELEC on a USB stick and start it with NOKIA 8010 “hold reset” option… what happens when I restart the device, will it boot to CoreELEC always or will it go to default Android?

Add this to advancedsettings.xml and try it.

<advancedsettings>
  <gui>
    <algorithmdirtyregions>0</algorithmdirtyregions>
  </gui>
</advancedsettings>

It will go to CoreELEC. In the CoreELEC power menu you can chose reboot from emmc to go to Android.

1 Like

only on nightly tho not on stable :smiley:

How many time are we going to have this type of comment? Team CoreELEC only had samples after stable, DV is only supported in CE21 based on Kodi 21 so there’s only Alpha build available.
You make it sound we break everything in every other nightly.

2 Likes

sorry i mean no offence :smiley:
just to clarify since (for example i could not find the button described because i was on stable)

My personal experience with nightly is very short (a week so far) so i cant make any judgment regarding stability.

From reading this thread (i did not yet read any further in this forum) there seam to be a few ppl with problems in nightly for example yesterday from FoLeY. But again i cant comment on them since i am no expert.

My intent is to make things clear for others so there are no misunderstandings. (just from my personal experience regarding documentation [writing and following] clarity is the key to understanding → like pointing out differences)

Currently there is no stable for Homatics, Kodi Omega is not stable either. First DV version didn’t have that reboot from emmc option.

but what is the stable which you can download on the website ? O.o

Issue with MCH HDMI output.

After the last update to CoreELEC-Amlogic-ne.aarch64-21.0-Omega_nightly_20230610 the MCH PCM Audio won’t work. My Denon x4500h shows only stereo. The same behaviour with CoreELEC-Amlogic-ne.aarch64-21.0-Omega_nightly_20230606.

With CoreELEC-Amlogic-ne.aarch64-21.0-Omega_nightly_20230603 the PCM MCH output was fine.

Do I miss something e.g. a new setting or is really something broken?

I can’t find the CoreELEC-Amlogic-ne.aarch64-21.0-Omega_nightly_20230603.tar file in the archive

https://relkai.coreelec.org/?dir=Amlogic-ne/ce-21/archive

So where can I download the 20230603 nightly?

It is gone.

Is there another option to get the MCH PCM output back?

I think it will get fixed back eventually.

OK, Thanks.

Meanwhile I will use converting HiRes MCH PCM to DD 5.1…

I can also confirm multichannel PCM not working properly. Example being films on bbc1 HD that are broadcast in AAC 5.1

Do we know the last version when MCH output was working?
Also, do we have an idea of when it’ll be fixed? :innocent:

I’m sure it worked with the nightly version Omega_nightly_20230603

It may have, last 2 builds definitely not though. I didn’t do extensive testing but it seemed like only left and right channels were being output with no center channel etc.