Homatics Box R 4K Plus

This is a limitation of your Soundbar OSD, when using 4k resolution in bypass setup (see Link)
You may change to eARC setup, in this case Info will be shown on front display of sounbar.

1 Like

Oh, well that certainly explains it. Although I wonder why the soundbar doesn’t fallback to display audio info on the unit like in eARC operation. Unfortunately my TV doesn’t support bitstreaming DTS-HD (or any DTS) over eARC.

Yes, indeed strange that in 4k mode there is no info at all. But this is a question to be asked to Sony.

Unfortunately, I don’t know as I didn’t have time to test IR yet. Using mainly the box via CEC or via bluetooth. I guess it is possible as it’s possible with bluetooth, but maybe others can help further.

1 Like

Thanks Friend for the help

To fix it, i just need unmute hdmi on box via ssh amixer sset 'Audio hdmi-out mute' off , then audio works again. Maybe there could be option in settings after boot for that @Portisch , @vpeter

//put it in .config/autostart.sh works

Is all good with audio passthrough in latest CE 21 nightlies?

Yes, the problems were fixed

1 Like

I remember a long time ago that setting the GUI to 4k broke the auto refresh rate/resolution change in CoreElec. Is this still an issue in ne 20 or 21?

Got some Homatics boxes at a good price, even with international shipping it might be cheaper than the usual places. I got mine in two days, and I’ve ordered DVB stuff from them also previously and can recommend the shop.

Is lossless DV work on CE 21 nightlies? All my FEL MKVs froze at the start.

So almost my DV collection got this information:
Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.07.06, BL+EL+RPU, Blu-ray compatible / SMPTE ST 2086, HDR10 compatible

As read about DV support, when play these movies, CE will convert to dv profile 8.1 (as my setting).
Is this effect to output quality of the picture?

Yes you will lose some brightness and maybe a little picture quality. Only on Fel movies, Mel movies not affected.

1 Like

I found android kodi master nightly works great, no problem on fel movie.

Fel is being dropped also. Switch to 8.1 in Coreelec for same results.

So now i just realized that all i’ve done to try to play dv on my TV became nonsense! lol! :joy:
Back to HDRHDR!

Did you use the test file (BL_EL.mkv) with the EL layer “Mortal Engines” for testing? Can you see the woman in the background?

Where can i download that file?

From here:

The first sign of reading FEL correctly is some shade bars top and bottom of screen.

1 Like