Homatics Box R 4K Plus

Thx.

Does the Dune play profile 7 mkv with NOVA player in Android?

The R4 Plus does not in our tests. Not in Android or CE.

Minix Max U22XJ does play them.

1 Like

Android kodi omega dovi build play the profile7 in homatics box , with compatibility enabled.

i have the Dune version of this box.
I confirm that NOVA player in Android does not play profile 7 mkv. Black or strange colors screen but audio works.
Dune HD app play the profile 7 mkv but we know that it ignores the EL content and only uses the RPU.

[Dolby Vision FEL mkvs support build release]
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=372504

Dead, the buider deleted the apks…

We already working on a profile 7 to 8.1 in Kodi by the help of @quietvoid

We are thinking it’s a fault of the dovi.ko as it looks like working on Amlogic 4.9 but not yet on 5.4…

3 Likes

I was able to play P7 MEL in nova player with the dune, I will try on the BRPlus saturday. Short videos of playback.

Aquaman
https://gofile.me/5QThw/ywByCqKfM

P7 Fel gives me weird colors

Bumblebee
https://gofile.me/5QThw/oKVpK5uIE

So please share a part of the MEL sample so we can test it please, 100-200mb is enough.

1 Like

No lan issue here, with the latest stable fw. 4674. Cold boot normal with CoreElec ne 21 nightly. All works fine as need.

Hi. Nokia 8010 user here with wired LAN issues. Wired works, but only if WiFi network is up and connected. When Wifi is disconnected, LAN drops also. Had to manually set wired LAN settings. When Wifi is connected (have to be connected before LAN) then I can ping on both addresses. Any solution around? Using sc2_s905x4_4g_1gbit as device tree. When LAN is up statistiscs for interface (ifconfig) are not changing despite there is ping ongoing and simultaneous ping to wifi does have effect on those stats.
[ 269.045518@0] meson8b-dwmac fdc00000.ethernet eth0: Link is Down
[ 329.152407@3] meson8b-dwmac fdc00000.ethernet eth0: PHY [0.0:00] driver [Generic PHY]
[ 329.203015@3] meson8b-dwmac fdc00000.ethernet eth0: No Safety Features support found
[ 329.203039@3] meson8b-dwmac fdc00000.ethernet eth0: PTP not supported by HW
[ 329.203049@3] meson8b-dwmac fdc00000.ethernet eth0: configuring for phy/rgmii link mode
[ 331.234000@3] meson8b-dwmac fdc00000.ethernet eth0: Link is Up - 1Gbps/Full - flow control rx/tx

PHY seems to be Generic (shouldn’t be there Motorcomm)? THough I ave tried with both n/a and assembled. After trying mentioned BuzzTV dtb now option to set Mtorcomm option is missing from CE config page.
Thanks

Are you using the CE 21 NE nightly? Try tonight’s nightly and change the dtb to the homatics one. See if that helps.

Thanks for hint. Unfortunately this didn’t help. Wired connection is not even listed under CE->Connections. ifconfig shows eth0 but not configured.

Aquaman P7 MEL

https://gofile.me/5QThw/vER7Exn4H

P7 MEL works on 4K Plus

Homatics dtb has ethernet on 4kplus but not dune 4k plus

LED light doesn’t work on either

Which build did you try for this?

On Dune HD version of Homatics Box R 4K Plus. Installed latest nightly 04/08 and choosing Homatics dtb, the ethernet works perfectly.
What does not work is HDR10+ that plays as HDR10.
My Pana TV of course support HDR10+ that works in android both in Kodi and Dune HD app…
Confirm that P7 Mel works on 4K Plus.

OK. Here is the situation. When cold boot into CE (20/21 doesn’t matter) eth link PHY doesn’t come up at all (no led activity on switch). When booting Android first, then restart into CE Wired network work. So there is definitely some issue initializing eth PHY while booting CE on my box (Nokia 8010). No matter if I use 20-Generic4g-1g, or 21-Generic/homatics dtb. Will this information help? Is there anything I can try now? In a case of solution, could it be please backported into CE20 as CE21 doesn’t run everything I would like it to. Thanks a lot.

It looks like roulette with this type of boxes, why?

Well, I have 3 Homatics R Plus boxes, besides those, also 1 Dune Homatics R Plus box (yes, 4 in total).
With 3 of them, 2 Homatics and 1 Dune, no problem getting Ethernet working on cold boot, with 1 Homatics R Plus box, Ethernet only works when rebooting from Android TV. Compared the Motorcomm chipcode on the Homatics R plus boxes (not that of the Dune), and they have the exact same code on it.
Two cold boots okay, one not.