Homatics Box R 4K Plus

Yes. Use LLDV.

2 Likes

Interesting, on my Dune rip it shows as MEL whereas the mediainfo tool just says EL, you’d assume they use similar libraries to look up this info.

There are no players that are really doing this at its full extent. Your only solution is to buy a Blu-ray disk player and play your Blu-rays directly or use it as media center.

It’s odd, does anyone know why UHD BDs use a specific profile that nothing seems to support? (going off topic here)

It is supported by Blu-ray players for which it was intended for.

I meant nothing other than the BD players.

It is basically Dolby’s market strategy.

The convert function, just touch with the profile 7 with Fel layer. All other dv format stay intact.
And not all, bd rip have the second layer, its just just part of all bd movie. Coreelec play it on the highest quality was possible, in the amlogic processor side.

So currently, when using CE on Homatics Box R 4K Plus box - it’s best to enable the player led DV mode in CE settings?

Yes, until Amlogic fixes it, although I don’t see much chance of that.

2 Likes

Is nightlies 21 solve the problem with reload movies poster (and very slow).
Same with 21 alpha 3.
Now i sticking witch 20 nightly.

It’s probably rebuilding the db. In Omega, at least since alpha, the db number has changed. Before it used the same as Nexus.

(From MyVideos121 to MyVideos122)

That’s the case, omega was previously using the same dB version as 20.x

Player Led mode use 4:2:2 thats cause color banding on my LG C9. Without player LED its RGB and looks fine with this test video.

Where do you check/set that?

Which is why I bought an Oppo UDP-203 clone with jailbreak firmware that can play UHD BDMV and ISO over the network :slight_smile:

If I encounter an MKV file with BL+EL, I manually convert it to BDMV format so the Oppo clone can play it.

But this is getting way off topic :smiling_face:

Can you share the test file? Or share the title.

1 Like

How about cases with layer 8.x, is it also recommended to use player led mode?

EDIT: With player led mode disabled, I can playback DV files only with color sampling forced to 4:2:2 it seems. The TV stops accepting the input if it’s set to Auto.

With player led mode enabled - color sampling must be set to 4:2:2, for the tv to accept the signal in some cases, right?
Is this the recommended way to do it - keeping forced 4:2:2 for all videos, and player led DV mode enabled?