Homatics Box R 4K Plus

1080p files playback back fine here on the latest 20231109 nightly. Might want to capture and share a log and steps to reproduce. I’m sure the devs would have an easier time fixing something if something broke.

1 Like

This issue could be related to Android 12.

Because I don’t feel they are relevant here. What is a log going to show you when there’s not an error happening but rather a bandwidth issue? I can supply them if needed, but I want to follow up with more findings.

I played around with the built in android os. latest firmware no updates since I first unpacked it. Installed Plex on it and tried to stream Gemini Man which is the movie I’m struggling with the most due to its high bitrate at 60fps on the UHD bluray. Direct play enabled, and it stutters. Tried using a SMB browser app to play it direct off my NAS, still stuttering. Disconnected the ethernet, and put it right into my Xbox Series X. Loaded up Plex, direct play, gemini man, movie did not stutter at all. Installed Kodi on it, just to make sure no plex transcoding behind the scene, kodi did not stutter either. What gives here? I simply want to know if others are experiencing issues with the network on this device or if I should RMA it.

OMG Thank you for this !!! I was trying to migrate from my odroid c2 which ran harmony via bluetooth and spent almost an hour trying to figure out how to do bluetooth again and ultimately gave up. Going to do this later tonight.

1 Like

I guess you figured out that it were some problem with MoCa adapters, no?

I assume you saw in the Telegram group? And yeah I was just about to post my findings but was tired last night. It really makes no sense, the homatics works fine ethernet to ethernet, but moca to ethernet it fails streaming (still passes iperf though). My xbox, doing moca to ethernet works perfectly fine. Unless the xbox uses a different network protocol I don’t know why the moca adapters would not like the homatics only during streaming? If you have any insight on this I would love to hear it but I’m pretty baffled on the whole thing. I went and ordered a different brand of MoCa 2.5 adapters, should be here tomorrow and I’m hoping that solves my issue

sth wrong with android 12 regarding Coreelec?

No idea: you tell us :slight_smile:

Android 12 has newer kernel which means dovi kernel module is made for this kernel. Looks like it is still compatible with CE kernel but …

i didnt update my box yet so cant tell

Hi Adam, would you be so kind to provide me this file as well? I would send you an upload link, but I’m not allowed to send you a private message yet :frowning:

Chris, do you have a Google Drive link you can put on here? I’ll put it on there and then if you remove straight after.

I can’t actually PM on here either and have been a long time member.

Hello, everyone,

We are excited to announce the release of the first beta version of ATV12 today. We want to express our gratitude to all our alpha testers for their valuable feedback.

If you are interested in testing ATV12, please feel free to contact me privately and provide your device’s serial number.

Important notes:

1.After the ATV12 update, CoreELEC will no longer support Dolby Vision display.
2.Once you update to ATV12, it is not possible to revert to ATV11 or any previous versions.

To ensure a smooth transition and identify any potential issues, we recommend that individuals with more than one 4K Plus box be the first to test the new version.

@EllaHomatics

Not good news!

1 Like

ATV12 breaks CE DV?

Working now.
vpeter added a patch for it.

Nice!
How?
:slight_smile:

Hi @vpeter

Here is the log from ATV12 under last CE omega nightly, about the h264 hw decoding file issues.
All other files working fine, DV, HDR.
Log
Log2

thx

@Zuma use last CE ne nightlys

So we can update to ATV12 and then update to CE latest nightly?

BTW how does ATV 12 perform on the homatics?

Its first public ATV12 beta. You can test and ask in Homatics beta test telegram group.

There you go, file is now there :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you very much!