Homatics Box R 4K Plus

Started to think the same thing. Like maybe even though they are different hardware IDs, maybe hid-generic didn’t like how similar they were and wouldn’t allow it to bind to the same interface. Disconnected both, deleted that folder, rebooted, attempted to connect only the B21, but still no joy. Same hid-generic errors in dmesg and no device created. I’ll poke at it a bit more later today and see what I can coax out of it. Will report back here if I end up getting it working. Thanks for the tips!

I think I saw some others in Sept with a similar issue connecting the Homatics white B25 to a Dune box, but they gave up and went IR :slight_smile:

can use this way:
[removed because of incompatible method]
for Homatics Box R 4K Plus ?

@Zuma

Got it figured out! I suspected it was a firmware issue. So I booted into Android, paired the remote, then updated the firmware to 2.04. Then I went back to CoreELEC and paired the B21 and it worked! Was also able to pair the B25 at the same time with both working. Thanks again for the tips, wouldn’t have gotten there without knowing how to dig down the stacks.

2 Likes

Ok, I’m really enjoying this box, but I’m getting a nasty stuttering issue that I can NOT resolve. I’ve spent countless hours diagnosing my network, getting a steady 960mbp/s down and up between homatics and the nas where my media files are stored. I thought this was maybe a bad cable, maybe the router, maybe my MoCa adapters, no clue. So I brought out my old Odroid C2 and played back a 4k blu-ray on latest coreelec ng. Stutters are completely gone. What gives? So it’s not network, back to the drawing board I go, and brought the homatics back out. I even went and made an advancedsettings.xml with a much higher cache size, still no dice. I was thinking maybe it’s heat concenered, as I was seeing temperatures in peaks of 167f, however I unplugged the device and let it cool, after 15 minutes plugged in back in an immediately played a video, but stutters continued and device was only at 115f.

I made a comment here on this post earlier on my concerns of the use of a USB drive, for which I’m using a Samsung Bar Plus 3.1 64gb. I just did a clean install on a Corsair GTX 256gb a few moments ago, and I currently am playing back a film to see if my issues continue. It seems temperamental, and why I was investigating heat as a possible concern.Thing is, the bar plus was working fine for weeks and now stuttering has become this issue the past 2 days. No new addons or any configurations changes were done to my device, with the exception of network tools so I can install iperf on it. Regardless, doesn’t kodi cache to the ram and not the install directory? So I’m not expecting this usb to fix it.

Rather I’m hoping a clean install resolves this, or i guess the faster drive but I’m looking to see if anybody else is having any issues or can at least report a stable experience playing full 4k blu-ray’s on this device over the network.

edit: Stuttering is back, into an hour of playback. I’m out of ideas, however I’m going to try to copy a movie straight to the us as a last resort. I actually did this over the network, from the nas to the smb share coreelec supplies, and didn’t have any issues or dropouts during it. https://i.imgur.com/dm5bUFJ.png

Such a long post with only one small information like it doesn’t work :roll_eyes:

So DV is no longer working in CE after the last beta update to ATV12. Hope that it will be restored asap. Thanks to devs.

Enable terminal sharing so I can see what was changed.

https://wiki.coreelec.org/coreelec:term_share

New kernel: 5.4.242

I think DV should work now on your device - can you confirm?

Yes, testing now and DV is back. Many thanks @vpeter for your quick solution. Are you making this build available to everybody?

Good. Will push everything and will be included in tomorrow nightly.

And you can stop terminal sharing.

3 Likes

I made quick tests on DV p5, p8, p7, hdr 10+ and hdr hlg and all formats work as expected. Thanks again Tomorrow I will update the remaining boxes with the nightly… Stopped the terminal sharing. Maybe is my suggestion but It seems to look better than before.

1 Like

To be exact, the issue I’m facing is when watching a movie over SMB, it’ll stop randomly and say buffering. But it’s not actually buffering, as according to my network analyzer on my router, theres no network activity actually going to the kodi device at all. This is expected as Kodi’s default behavior. Adding a cache with advanced settings helps this, and you can see it actually buffering on the network analyzer, but to little effect as within 30 minutes of playback it happens again and I have to pause the film and let it buffer for 30 seconds or whatever.

And if it’s not buffering, it’ll stutter really bad, or have really low framerate. Or even looses sync with audio and video causing bad lip sync. I can provide logs if this is needed. But I was more wanting to see if somebody else was facing issues with this too, streaming over smb with full 4k blu-rays. I don’t know if I have a hardware fault, or if these homatics box’s have a poor network controller on them as my odroid c2 has none of these issues.

If you have problems why would you wait for others to upload their debug logs?

The B21 remote got an firmware update offered on auto, you can’t force that I think?

What we know so far. This is what I got when pairing all my original Homatics remotes and spinoffs
Paired on R Plus box with V11 OS build 6019;

Homatics B21 has 2.04 (4x) or 2.06 (2x)
I had one still on 1.44 (1x) but that got an update pushed directly after pairing and went to 2.04

Botech B21 has 1.30 >> but after connecting it went also to 2.04
Dune B21 has 2.06

Homatics B25 has 1.44 >> no change after connecting
Botech B25 has 1.36 >> no change after connecting
Dune B25 has 2.04

1 Like

Correct, it was offered upon connecting it while booted into Android. If I recall correctly I also saw a button to force it under the remotes section of settings under the particular device. My Homatics B21 and Dune B25 are both at 2.04 now which it said was latest like in your table. All playing nice with CoreELEC post update!

As reported yesterday DV is back after the nightly update. Now there is a problem with the 2k (1080p) movies, They do not start or start and play frame yes or frame not. Never seen this before in CE.
I tried several movies that play correctly in other devices and no one of them played in CE Homatics. But these movies play correctly in Homatics Android in Kodi.
Just to let you know.
Edit.More tests done.
The problem is solved disabling the “allow hardware acceleration-amcodec” in video settings.

1 Like

The problem is solved disabling the “allow hardware acceleration-amcodec” in video settings.
Thats not a solution. Will cause other issues.

I full agree with you. That is not a solution of course, it is just a hint to help the devs to isolate and solve the problem