Homatics Box R 4K Plus

service.homatics-leds addon is now available in CoreELEC repository :melting_face:

Without knowing what you were doing it is hard to tell what is wrong. DV should just work and there is no special trick to get it working. Post debug logs.

2 Likes

The soundbar has 2x HDMI 1x HDMI IN and 1x HDMI OUT, if I connect the homatics box via hdmi to the HDMI IN of the soundbar and from the soundbar via HDMI OUT I run the second cable to the HDMI ARC in the TV and enable the pass trough in the TV, should it work as it should? I haven’t tried this or it didn’t occur to me :see_no_evil:

Just put the CE-ne nighlys tar file to your update folder, after the update, the DV will working.
For advancedsettings, maybe try use this values.

<advancedsettings version="1.0">
  <gui>
    <algorithmdirtyregions>0</algorithmdirtyregions>
  </gui>
  <videolibrary>
    <importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
    <importresumepoint>true</importresumepoint>
    <cleanonupdate>false</cleanonupdate>
  </videolibrary>
	<cache>
		<buffermode>1</buffermode>
		<memorysize>314572800</memorysize>
		<readfactor>20</readfactor>
		<chunksize>524288</chunksize>
	</cache>
	<network>
	   <curlclienttimeout>6</curlclienttimeout> <!-- Timeout in seconds for libcurl (http/ftp) connections -->
       <curllowspeedtime>6</curllowspeedtime>   <!-- Time in seconds for libcurl to consider a connection lowspeed -->
       <curlretries>2</curlretries>             <!-- Amount of retries for certain failed libcurl operations (e.g. timeout) -->
    </network>
</advancedsettings>
1 Like

I think it should work the best when connected this way, regarding sound transmission from CoreELEC to the soundbar. The soundbar should be able to receive the most audio formats in their original quality this way.
Unless the soundbar is not able to passthrough all video formats to the tv, I think this way to connect things should be best for you. The only drawback (if you would consider this a drawback) I can think of in this setup, would be that you must always turn on the soundbar when using CoreELEC. And even that might not be the case if the soundbar may passthrough the HDMI signal to tv in standby mode.

1 Like

@vpeter I thought what I did wrong was installing 20.2 stable instead of a nightly build of Nexus. Are you saying it should be working in 20.2 stable?

Thanks! I will try both these suggestions.

Do not use the stable version if you want Dolby Vision with CoreELEC on Dune Homatics, use the latest Nigthly, 20231116.

Yes you should use passthrough with the soundbar, HDMI in > out to TV. No need for any passthrough setting on TV, that is just used for displaying with this connection.

Hello.

I had CoreElec 21 installed on a pendrive. I updated Android TV to version 12. I think I also updated CoreElec to the latest version then. Then I switched to Android TV and didn’t use CoreElec for a long time. Currently, CoreElec does not boot after restarting homatics. I do not know what happened. I have boot from USB set in Android TV settings. Anyone have an idea?

I don’t want to re-upload CoreElec unless I have to.

Ok, I’m starting to feel like age is getting to me…
But how do we install the led addon? :slight_smile:
I must have missed it in on coreELEC repository > services, on my coreELEC install on dune.

The led add-on is in programs section, not at Service section.

1 Like

You have to use the tooth pic again to boot. That’s normal at Android Firmware Update. You can use adb also and type “reboot update” …

So that worked beautifully. Thanks!

So I had a couple test files I was using to test/compare SDR, HDR, & DV. Since updating to the nightly, the files that are 24fps are janky. Pretty much constant stuttering. If I remove 4k/24 from the whitelist, the TV goes into 4k/60 and there’s still minor stuttering. Files that are 23.976 play perfectly.

These files were not stuttering with 20.2 Stable. Any advice appreciated!

Though to be fair, I can’t say for certain that I had whitelisted any modes when I checked those specific files on 20.2

Can you give detailed instructions on what needs to be done? Do I need to enter something in ssh? I’m not that knowledgeable on the subject.

Edit

I managed to install and enable adb on windows 10.
I issued the command “adb conncet 192.168.0.153” the ip of my device. My computer connected to homatics. Then I issued the command you wrote “reboot update” and I got the following. Any idea?

reboot : The term 'reboot' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check
 the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
At line:1 char:1
+ reboot update
+ ~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (reboot:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

If you are trying to boot CoreELEC from an inserted usb drive, it’s enough to simply connect the device to 220v power while holding the small hidden button with a toothpick or something similar, I think. If you already used CoreELEC earlier you should have done this already once (or some other method suggested here for first time boot).

I cant find leds addon to install, any help?

It’s in the coreELEC addons repository, in the programs section.

and then

adb shell reboot update

What is the name?
Im on lastest ce 21 nightlies, cant find it.