Homatics Box R 4K Plus

Sorry for reviving this old message but I’m a bit confused - I thought Dune had an IR receiver (says so on their website), but Homatics didn’t. This table says it’s the other way around. Which one is it?

Table says Dune and Nokia has IR.

You’re right, I misread it :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Thank you for all your replies. CoreElec has already woken up thanks to your advice :slight_smile:

CoreElec on Homatics is excellent compared to Kodi. It works amazingly fast. They work with DTS-X, DTS-HD MA. In general, everything works that doesn’t work on KODI with ATV12. Best of all, from what Ella Gao wrote to me on Telegram, files encoded in VC-1 will never work on ATV12. Apparently the CPU manufacturer does not want to provide drivers because it is an outdated format. However, many people sometimes want to watch an old movie and will not be able to do so on KODI and ATV12. It’s great that the CoreElec team did such a good job and created a great working system.

Is there work being done on the option to install CoreElec in NAND memory? Such a MULTIBOOT would be perfect. When turning on, you will be asked which system you want to choose: CoreEleC or ATV12?

1 Like

Homatics led, I think - in the program subcategory, not services :slight_smile:

Hello, please advise me I am faced with the choice of purchasing a device for Coreelec Will this box from this topic be the best choice for 150€ ? Maybe Gt-king would be a better choice?

I have GT-king, but not use that from years. I have 3 homatics box, and its the best. You got full certificated atv box with all streaming app to run 4k dv and Atmos, plus you can run CoreElec from usb, to play all type of Local files with 4k dv, and all HD sounds .

1 Like

So Homatics is the best choice for prices up to €150
Which version should I install, stable or nightly?

CE 20 ne nightly. Or CE 21 ne nightly.

I will receive dune soon, and i read how to install coreelec. If I have understand I need to keep an usb drive to boot coreelec is it true ? Thanks

Yes, permanent occupy 1 usb slot

1 Like

Good Day, I switched back from 20 to 21 beta a few days ago and I am seeing on startup a massive amount of internet queries within a short period of time like 10 thousand plus requests, when I first switched it was close to 26 thousand requests is this normal or should I update. 18/11 is the image I used. I might add this was with a restore from a 20 version.

I am seeing this through my pihole.

Where did you get Android 12 from? Is it available only for Homatics and not for Dune boxes? When I checked for updates on my Dune box yesterday, it fetched new update, however it was 11.something only, not 12. I am asking because of AFR, that is still not available in 11 and might be in 12?

ATV12 only available for some alpha and beta homatics testers.
Once, when it will be stable, the “dune version” will be come in OTA.

1 Like

Does ATV12 bring improvements to CoreELEC?

and/or, is Automatic Frame Rate switching working in Kodi in version 12?

Yes afr works when the app support it , under kodi, netflix, vimu smarttube, and some other.
Of course not as good for media playing as in CoreElec.
CE under atv12 mostly works, issue just in the h264 hw decoding files.
But when once the Atv12 will be put to end users, the CE team can repair that, I hope.

1 Like

Anyone out there have any actual true 24fps (not 23.976) content to test with?

I cannot seem to figure out the magic combo of settings (if possible) to not have the image seem like 5fps.

Some guys in Telegram group said that they got fw update for dune box, version v5554.
Does it compatible with CE, or need something to do?