How to configure VFD

Yes, the display is off after an update. I applied the patch did not return. TX3 mini Red pcb.

Please try these, and if one of them works, let me know which one (1 or 2)
vfd-configurations.zip (1.6 KB)

Not work. I’m using corelec 9.2.3 e dtb gxl_p281_1g.

Reboot and post output from dmesg | paste

Follows attached! dmesg.log (82.4 KB)

It looks like a DTB issue, one of the pins is already assigned to something else.
Will investigate.

Did the display work in an older build of CoreELEC?

I lost the display after I updated the firmware, I hadn’t tested CorELEC before.

I didn’t even notice that this was a S905W device at first.
I think that without having the original DTB from the Android firmware where the display worked correctly, it would be hard to find a proper fix for this.
The conflicting pins are related to the audio device, and I don’t know whether I can change them without breaking something.
It seems you have some sort of one-off device, because I’ve never seen this sort of conflict before.

I made a backup of the original rom, but I can’t restore it, it crashes on the TX screen. I use original Tanix firmware, I just don’t have the display.

I can make the display work with the Selenga A3 firmware, but it is not functional for other things, would it be possible to collect the data and make a VFD to work at Tanix?

Yes, all I need is the DTB from it. I think on your device it should be doable from CE (after you install the A3 ROM)

Follows dtb of ROM A3. If possible you can for rom tx3? dtb.zip (97.9 KB)

Something doesn’t add up for me. Could you please make a picture of
cat /sys/kernel/debug/gpio command with the A3 ROM, where the display is working?

This result that I have in A3.

The display works, but I don’t support controls. On the tanix rom I don’t have a display.

Yes, I understand.

The Tanix rom works perfectly, but I need help from the display only.

Remove the vfd.conf file and try this DTB, let me know if it works.
gxl_p281_1g.dtb (40.3 KB)

If it doesn’t, post dmesg after a clean boot again.

1 Like

I see that didn’t help.
Next step would be to install the Amlogic-ng nightly and use the vfd.conf file I provided earlier today.

The way DTBs are configured in CoreELEC will conflict with the pins your box uses for the vfd display.
From what I see, in the new kernel the setup is the same as in the Android DTB you provided, so it has much higher chance of actually working.