How to configure VFD

The process is ok on coreELEC. Which files should I edit for the led screen on slimbox x96air rom?

Just one note for the future, the DTB file is updated when you update CE. So you will have to run the commands again after updating CoreELEC to make the display work again.

I have no idea what slimbox rom is or how it works. It may not have the necessary driver or configuration.

okey thank you

I have factory rom with led screen working
How can I find out which files are in the led screen in the new updated rom?

CoreELEC doesn’t support custom or original ROMs.
I can’t answer you question, as I don’t know.

1 Like

Hi friend, I tried the new image, also the new configuration and installed openvfd,
the result is, the clock works correctly, the USB icon blinks, ethernet icon is work, the other icons do not work,
is there a way to make the led display show the channel number from iptvsimpleclient

I think this should fix the icons, please let me know if the correct icons appear/blink now.
tanix-tx3-mini-vfd.conf (1.3 KB)

Regarding your question, there’s no way to do that at this time.

1 Like

Have you tried it?

1 Like

everything works, thanks for help

1 Like

I read on another forum about a great command to turn off the too bright power indicator on my HK1 style boxes, leaving the other settings on.

echo 0 > /sys/class/leds/sys_led/brightness

Is autostart.sh the only way to set this?

Today I tested it quickly with the CoreElec (20.0- Nexus_nightly) box (my friend’s) X96 X4 in android identified as X96_x4_pro (version 4/64).
The display works OK, i.e. the time is correctly displayed. The openVFD program installed vfd.conf file that works is: x96-max-ultra-vfd.conf thanks @TheCoolest
Gigabit network (wired) OK…

Have been reading about same.
In Android there is apk
Boot Shell Root

Can turn off in CoreELEC
And Latest slimboxtv for Vontar HK1X4

However does turn off completely

Did you also try it on 19.5? I can’t do it. I have X96 x4 4/64 (S905x4). It would be enough for me that at least something lights up. Without it, I don’t know if the box is on or off.

On X96Max+ use
x96max_vfd (mediafire.com)
Extract vfd.conf from zip.
In Config setting Reverse Anode. (Kodi Repo, Services, VFD addon)
To see Storage folder config see this post
Kodi: How to access Storage folders from Windows Explorer when using Kodi on Linux (LibreElec, CoreElec etc) | QuadraphonicQuad Home Audio Forum

There was a posting in another thread about x96_x4 which describes how to configure VFD.

I have seen it. But I have version 19.5 and for this the vfd.conf does not work.

Did you use notepad++
Or other text/editing/conversion

Vfd config will work on any version of CoreELEC
Matrix/Nexus
If installed properly

Happy Testing

1 Like

Try a nightly build.

Don’t forget to install the OpenVFD plugin from the CoreElec/Kodi repo

With this, I get time & network indicator fine

which vfd should i use on a H96 Max plus (s905x4)?