How to configure VFD

I lowered the temperature display for 15 seconds and the time is now showing well.
Clock colon is now solved, but is there a possibility that eth or wifi will be displayed depending on the type of connection being used?
1 = Wifi
2 = Eth
3 = Clock colon
4 = USB

I think this should fix the icons too
t95w2-vfd.conf (1.4 KB)
It should only show Eth when you’re connected with a cable.
Wifi should show when wifi is connected and USB when a USB drive is plugged in.

It does not work. The only thing that has happened is that Clock Colon has disappeared.

It does not work. The only thing that has happened is that Clock Colon has disappeared.

Ok, then change the vfd_dot_bits='0,6,5,4,1,2,3' back to vfd_dot_bits='0,1,2,3,4,5,6'
I’ll look to see if it’s possible to enable the other icons this week.

OK. Thanks for everything.

I pushed changes to the driver which should make it work with the last vfd config I posted, and enable the icons.
Please test it out with tomorrow’s nightly build.

1 Like

The driver should be working fine, now the usb icon is showing. This flashes at startup and remains solid afterwards. The problem must be in vfd.conf, because there is nothing plugged into the usb. Even if I remove eth, if it is connected and put it back in, nothing happens, the usb icon remains there.

Are you using the latest vfd.conf I posted here?
And do the eth and wifi icons work properly?
Like if you connect an ethernet cable, does the icon light up?
And if you connect to wifi, does the wifi icon light up?

Yes, exactly that one. None of the icons work and the USB icon appears active without having anything connected.

Not even the colon?

No, that doesn’t work either. the USB icon blink on startup.
The eth icon is activated if I play something, as if it were play.
photo_2023-09-04_17-56-06

Hi!
I have purchased a Vontar W2 ATV TV Box with s905w2, and I am pretty sure that it’s the same as the Vontar X2, although I am not sure that the display of both is the same. In any case, I have not found any vfd.conf file for either of them.
Do you know where I can find the vfd.conf file for any of them?

When I enter cat /sys/kernel/debug/gpio in the Android terminal, it tells me that said directory does not exist.
But I was able to extract the dtb file.
dtb.img.gz (40.6 KB)

Thank you!

Try this one:
vontar-w2-atv-vfd.conf (1.2 KB)

Tomorrow’s CE-20 nightly (or Friday’s CE-21, fix didn’t make in time for tonight’s 21) will have another fix, please try it and let me know if it works.
Use this vfd with it:
t95w2-vfd.conf (1.4 KB)

Thank you!
Now the display is on.
It is displayed like this:

I didn’t know the display had “playback” and “clock” indicators, I never saw them on Android, on CoreELEC they are always on.
And the “eth” indicator is not displayed (the box is connected through ethernet cable).

As for the time, I have verified that what should be the minutes indicator (fourth digit) does not change, and instead the second digit changes (I think the second and fourth digits are swapped).
I have also verified that the first digit blinks, but if I activate “clock colon always on” in OpenVFD it stops blinking.

Temperature and date are not displayed even if I enable them in OpenVFD.

Thank you so much!

EDIT: Now the “pause” and “eth” indicators are also on.

Try this:

If it still doesn’t look right, take a picture of the display and say what the time should be.

1 Like

Thank you!

Now the time, temperature, playback time and date work perfectly. Clock colon also works perfectly (it blinks, and if I enable “clock colon always on” it stops blinking).

But “playback” and “pause” indicators are always on.
I have checked that if I disable “eth” indicator in OpenVFD, “playback” indicator in the display turns off. And if I disable “power” indicator in OpenVFD, “pause” indicator turn off.
I put a USB stick in the box and the “USB” indicator did not turn on.
I can’t try “wifi” indicator because this TV Box wifi doesn’t work on CoreELEC.

I 'm modifying the dot bits line so I can make it work.
Now the “eth” indicator works fine, and the alarm icon (that in openvfd it corresponds to the “power” indicator) also works fine.
But I can’t get the “playback”, “pause” and “usb” indicators to work.
But now is functional.

Thank you so much!

Thx. Now, with the date and temperature, the wifi and usb icons appear activated (I am connected via eth and there is nothing connected to the usb). When the time is displayed, in addition to the two icons mentioned above, the eth icon also appears.