Install to internal problem

Hi everyone, I have a problem with the installtointernal command. Coreelec works without problem on SD (so the dtb file is ok) but when I go to run the command from SSH I get the following message:

login as: root
root@192.168.100.115’s password:
##############################################

CoreELEC

https://coreelec.org

##############################################

CoreELEC (official): 8.99.2 (S905.arm)
[1; 32mCoreELEc905x [1; 32m: [1; 34m ~ [0m # installtointernal
One of BOOT, SYTEM, DATA or DTB partitions is missing.
Make sure you’re using a correct device and a device with internal memory!
[1; 32mCoreELEc905x [1; 32m: [1; 34m ~ [0m #

thank you

installtointernal is not supported by the developers.
You can use it on your own I guess

1 Like

Same here, I have Alfawise S95 and few days ago I successfully installed CE to internal memory. And now I have same issue. Please help.

I used gxl_p281_2g.dtb

Thanks !

Your device has a unsupported NAND chip, without original kernel source from your device vendor we can’t add support for it.

but I have already one box installed successfully

Please read

Not trying to be a dick here or anything, but how come I posted a question somewhat related to installtointernall and it gets deleted, and here we have an entire thread about an issue with it? Cheers.

With the only answer been sorry your on your own.

@gabardal I can’t see any deleted posts under your username?

@argento boxes vary and sometimes the manufacturer substitute parts, we know of at least one box “mecool m8s pro w” that has an unsupported NAND chip, but we are aware that it is done with others also.

There could also be some other issue but we don’t provide support for this feature, it’s provided on an as-is basis.

Hello @anon88919003, this is only one answer which does make a sense, thanks !

Hey @anon88919003 Here’s my post
Again, not trying to disturb anyone, just found it funny. Thanks.

@gabardal so your post was moved to PM and not deleted, that’s why I couldn’t find it.

1 Like

There is no official support for installtointernal.
That means that devs shouldn’t be offering any support, but the thread is still valid for other users to comment on. Sometimes the devs, in their efforts to help, forget that they aren’t supposed to be offering any advice regarding installtointernal. :wink:

2 Likes

@Poida sorry boss for trying to be helpful

1 Like

For those who want the performance gain from using installtointernal, follow the guide How to boot from SD/USB using internal storage for data so you can take advantage of the increased performance by using internal storage for data. The only difference in performance is mainly the boot time, which is hard to notice and shouldn’t matter. I used installtointernal in the early days with LE, yet after I got to know this method I’ve never looked back. In addition I’ve the option to boot into Android if I want to

1 Like

Ok, I try to ask another question. On the Box is written M96X is a S905X with 8gbrom and 2gb ram. The probla I think is in the flash and is a h27ucg8t2etr of Hynix (http://www.datasheetcafe.com/h27ucg8t2etr-datasheet-64gb-mlc-nand-flash-memory/). DI Ip scanner the manufacturer is ICA Inc. and I do not know who it is. I attach photos.

The problem is that your device uses a raw NAND IC instead a managed EMMC module.
Raw NAND requires that the flash content needs to be managed by the CPU by SW. I doubt that this is supported by CE.

[EDIT] Maybe you can share a pic of the bottomside of the pcb.

Sure. No problem. But now he saw that something is not right. On the device I have 4 ram chips that seem to be from 256bg each for a total of 1GB of ram. However, the system sees about 2GB. Even when I used it with android, it saw 2gb of ram. When purchased it was sold with 2gb ram installed.

You got a box with “fake RAM”.
It really only has 1GB of RAM, and you should be using the 1g DTB on CE.

Ok and why work well the dtb file with 2gb of ram? If i use the dtb with 1gb ram i don’t know if works.