Interesting DV

At last :sunglasses::+1:

1 Like

Carry on friends.
:kissing:

1 Like

Wow! That’s exciting. Can you confirm which box this is exactly?

1 Like

exciting news

1 Like

WOW, great CE team, kudos to you guys, thank you!

1 Like

Next step…

15 Likes

Could you publish a beta test version? I could help you a lot in handling the different Profiles and CM versions (5, 8, 7 MEL, 7 FEL, CMv2.9, CMv4.0). Also, it would be nice to be able to switch between the two types of Dolby Vision output (LLDV 12 bit YUV, Std-DV 8 bit RGB).

We are working hard on the implementation itself right now. It’s way to early for a public test image.
This process will require some more steps until we are able to release something.

2 Likes

This might be useful when quietvoid finish.

1 Like

Yes, I think it’s very good, useful feature , that you can switch off independently of each other, the HDR+, and the DV playing, manually in the Kodi.

We will have no possibility to convert DV to like HDR10.
The stream itself does need to have the fallback data otherwise you get strange colours.

There will be a option to disable DV usage at all, but when system support it, it should be enabled as default.

His code enables you play profile 7 Fel by not sending the enhancement layer to the decoder. No conversion to HDR10.

Include these 2 PRs?

This will be huge if you succeed, thank you for your commitment…
Will the DV support be limited to Homatics or you plan also support for other DV-compatible boxes (ugoos, minix, …) in the future ?

Only DV licensed devices, currently only one SC2.
And only devices what do support Amlogic kernel minimum 5.4.180, Amlogic-ne.

1 Like

Will this support the full FEL or just the rpu in the FEL?

With quietvoid builds under android just rpu.

Dolby Vision test patterns: [link]

1 Like

Ah OK and I presume this uses the same DV kernel so it will process the same as android.

2 Likes

Can someone explain what this means? Only using the RPU from FEL? How is that different from DV HDR profile 8.1?

1 Like