Interesting DV

Read some basic info here and here

Show a non-disc device that fully supports Dolby Vision (Profile 7 FEL, CMv4.0).

Don´t know anything about this profile.
But own a non-disc device supporting DV - iPad pro

Which device?

Homatics Box R 4k Plus

Or maybe for the Dune version too, while, that has same hardware and software.

Just purchased one, I will report my findings.

1 Like

We are going to finish up Amlogic 5.4.180 kernel what would be needed to fit for this device.
This include a new TEE setup what just kick our asses right now. We might found a solution but it will require to switch to ARCH aarch64 userland. What is not the biggest deal. We need to tune the system to be able to use Android TEE stuff located on the super partition. It looks doable right now, but we not sure yet. Then the driver for A311D2, hdmitx21 is full of bugs again and no “real” 4k playback is possible right now.

Also such change the arch will be only for CE-21, not for CE-20 anymore as we can not switch as it will break just everything. Users will start again from scratch with clean install.

7 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Homatics Box R 4K Plus

aarch64 userland widevine cdm is not available rendering Netflix/Disney+/Prime addons unusable. Any chance you still release a arm 32bit userland build of 21 nightly?

Thanks

Update: looks like team got the leaked aarch64 widewine cdm working in their experimentations. Great development on the aarch64 front

Disneyplus is working but Netflix Widevine does not work.

netflix issue is because it relies on inputstreamhelper. ishelper by default responds with widevine not available on aarch64.
There should be a new version of ishelper soon

You can comment out a line in inputstream helper and it won’t check aarch. So Netflix works in aarch64, just tested on vim4.
There’s a comment in that GitHub link that explains how to do it.

@Vasco

Just installed 21 nightly on my S905X4 device and can confirm both Disney+ and Netflix work with the new 64 bit widevine cdm provided with Disney+ addon by matthuisman
To make Netflix work, you have to go to inputstream helper addon Settings → Debug → Disable Inputstream Helper.
With that setting, Netflix plays fine. No need to edit inputstream helper code

So its even easier now, I did this last week and definitely followed the difficult route.

Thanks, I applied what you said is okay.

The correct fix is to add aarch64 here:

Did you try on the new ce 21 build?

new nightly 20230323 does now work on this box?
media playback does work?

dmesg | paste and
journalctl -l | paste

Yes, it works, media playback too.
http://ix.io/4rB0
http://ix.io/4rB1