Internal Ethernet not working A95X Max S905X2

Does iperf have a GUI?

No, itĀ“s command line tool

Well, I have to get my box replaced firstā€¦

From where I sit, as a user of one of these boxes, it has fake/faulty written all over it and I would be returning it if in the same position.

The shipping fee to send it back to China turn out to be half the price of the box. So it is meaningless even if the seller is willing to replace it for free.

Katana, did you try using the USB Burning Tool to reflash Android to the box?
This has always worked for me when I wanted to reflash my A95X Max.
JB

How to do so?

I havenā€™t got the Android rom of A95x max

I asked the seller to provide me with the Android rom and flash tool (download speed is horribleā€¦) Thanks for your advice.

Iā€™ve reflashed the firmware as per the procedure below. There are newer versions of the firmware but Iā€™ve never used them. This version works perfectly for my A95X Max so if your box has the same hardware as mine this firmware should work for you too.

Download the 20190301 firmware from the link on this page:

Youā€™ll need to scroll down the page a little for this version of the firmware (the img file within is about 1.3GB in size). The 20190109 firmware from the link higher up the page is for a different revision of the box.

Get version 2.1.7.0 of the Amlogic USB Burning Tool from here:

https://androidmtk.com/download-amlogic-usb-burning-tool

Youā€™ll need to scroll well down the page to find this version.

Follow the instructions in the TV Box Stop video:

His method is the easiest and most reliable and you donā€™t need to use a toothpick to push the reset switch. These instructions are to burn the ATV Experience Custom ROM but they work perfectly for the standard 20190301 ROM too, just substitute all mentions of the ATV ROM for the standard ROM. As he shows in the video you must plug the USB cable into the back panel of the A95X Max and into one of the main motherboard USB sockets on your PC (I plugged it into one of my PCā€™s back panel USB 3 sockets with a short cable to the box). It should take about 3.5 minutes to flash the firmware after which you simply unplug the USB cable, connect the box to your A-V kit and switch the box on. It should boot as it would if straight from the factory. I have tried the ATV ROM and it did work but I didnā€™t stick with it.

I run CoreELEC from a 32GB SanDisk Extreme microSD card and find this works so well, other than it taking about a minute to shut down after a session, that I donā€™t see any need to copy CoreELEC to the eMMC.
JB

Thereā€™s an official version, latest perhaps, here: https://www.turewell.com/pages/tvbox-document

Of course as we know latest doesnā€™t always mean better!

Whilst the Android recovery details posted above by @JBA6 work very well, we did recently have a user that seemed unable to recover his V81 box using the methods that seemed to work for others and had to find an alternative solution, so something to fall back on should you encounter the same kind of issues,

Thanks for all the advice, but I have to buy a USB type A connector and make a USB A - USB A cable first. Maybe Iā€™ll just cut open two cables and solder them together.

In fact is it possible to install CE into eMMC?
I donā€™t think Iā€™ll use Android anymore.

You could also try the Burn Card Maker V2.0.3 that usually allows you to install Android from a micro sd card.

Installation to eMMC does not work for this box. The process runs OK but when you reboot there is nothing and when you run the tool again it states that there is no CE installation on the eMMC. I think itā€™s something to do with the bootloader.

The model name seems different, are they the same?

Sorry, thatā€™s for the T95Max not the A95Max! So many boxes itā€™s easy to get mixed up.

Whenever I have messed around with mine and needed to reload Android, I use this image.

@Compent that appears to identical to the image file I linked to above.
JB

Good. Should inspire confidence in itā€™s use.

Problem fixed, can now boot into Android & CE. the internal NIC is also fixed by firmware update. Thanks everyone.