Khadas VIM3 testbuilds

Mhh installed coreelec on Emmc

I will give it a try

Hello,

Yes with Android it works

it seems like it is 3840x2160p and the fps.

only 59,94 FPS is working. “GUI” settings

if use von hdcp 2.2 port on my TX-NR646 it works mit 23,98FPS.

on a non hdcp 2.2 it not works.

android stays on 59hz.
my S905X (nexbox A5) is working with coreelec 4k an 24hz (23,98)…

so it must be something with HDCP 2.2.

if i change the Resolution to 1080P 23,978FPS works.

So nobody had an idea?

Do you mean HDMI 2.0 or HDCP 2.2? These are two different, and unrelated things.
What content are you trying to play?
What exactly happens when it “doesn’t work”?
Without any concrete information we can’t help.
Try playing a video that has a problem, and run dispinfo in SSH then post the output URL.

it is enough when i change the gui Resolution
i have my VIM3 on an Onkyo TX-NR646 Port with no HDCP 2.2 Port.
on my old S905 device i use the same port and all is working on this Port.

on VIM3 i change to 4K resolutin an die fps to 23,98 i got a black screen.
when i change the Port to one of the 3 HDCP 2.2 Port i have on the Onkyo TX-NR646 i see a Picture.

here a Link with 4K ab 59,94
http://ix.io/1YuS

and here with 4k 23,98
http://ix.io/1YuV

and here working 4k 23,98 on a HDCP 2.2. Port
http://ix.io/1YuZ

You need to enable HDMI 2.0 on the input you are trying to use, this has nothing to do with HDCP 2.2.
If the port doesn’t support HDMI 2.0, then move the VIM3 to a port that supports HDMI 2.0.

Mhh, all ports have HDMI 2.0 if i look at Onkyo.com

So my old S905x device work on this Port

As you see from the picture attached which is fetched from Onkyo TX-NR646 manual, the HDMI ports have different specifications (https://www.eu.onkyo.com/downloads/2/8/3/4/5/Manual_TX-NR646_BAS_ADV_En.pdf).

Resolutions supported by HDMI for Onkyo TX-NR646

I’ve an Onkyo TX-NR747 which I use with VIM3 and everything is fine, so there is likely something wrong with your setup.

Here are some key points to follow:

• Set GUI to 1080p 50/60 fps
  • Use HDMI Port 1-3 on your receiver
  • Do NOT enable “Force YCbCr4:2:2” as you see that your receiver doesn’t support 4K 60FPS 10bit YCbCr4:2:2, so the standard setting should be fine.
  • Enable “UHD colours” on your TV to get HDR10
  • Choose the correct HDMI Port on your TV as well (depends on your TV)
  • Make sure your HDMI Cable is a premium cable, otherwhise you will have issues with 4K 60fps content

Mhhh okay.
Funny is that my s905 box works without any problem…

Mhh so I must see what i do.
Port 1-3 already used by other thinks

Your S905X device is using older codebase of everything as Kernel etc, while VIM3 are using a more recent codebase, so it’s quite different.

You have to switch HDMI ports, and remember that you can setup whatever HDMI port to source in your AVR settings. Example: HDMI 1 -> Blu-Ray, HDMI 2 -> Games, HDMI 3 -> PC etc. or HDMI 1 -> Games, HDMI 2 -> PC, HDMI 3 -> Blu-Ray etc…

What image is for VIM3L ? Thanks!

There isn’t currently a public image for the VIM3L, it’s still being worked on.

Is there any news on getting the fan working in the Vim3?.

1 Like

I know it’s probably not a priority for the team but I was wondering if there’s been any progress in getting the fan working for the Vim3?
Thanks

@Wizzi07 Not only should the khadas fan be working for the Vim3 on the latest nightly builds but there are also now controls in the GUI for it as well.

For the fan controls look in
Settings > CoreELEC > Hardware > Fan

2 Likes

thanks! I was stuck on the 27/11 build for some reason, I’ve just manually updated to the latest nightly and the fan is now working, I’ve left it on auto for now as it’s awfully loud even on level 1… what temp does the fan kick in on auto?

@Wizzi07 Not sure if you have the heat pad installed between the bottom metal pad along with the heat sink ?
I purchased the bottom thermal pad and the temps dramatically dropped.
Idles in the 40c range and playback 50c max or thereabouts.

I believe the trigger point for the fan is 50 degrees Celsius. Then It goes up a speed level for each 10 degrees over that.

2 Likes

Yes I have the Heatsink and the thermal pad between the bottom of the pcb and the metal base of the case, my idle temps are normally around 40•, out of interest I left the fan on level 3 for a few minutes and the temp dropped to 28• .