Khadas VIM3L HTPC Kit!

The problem is that the power adapter is 2 amps and the usb of the TV only has 1 …

I want to upgrade from my RP3 to something newer to get support for 4k, is this board or the Odroid N2 Coreelec version most recommended, RPi4 seems a bit underwhelming? I have a Sony ST5000 Atmos soundbar if thats important :slight_smile:

Is it posible to have problem with wifi when hd is connected on usb3/left usb??

Just to be sure: Can I use any remote with this kit? I know it comes with one and has integrated IR receiver, but I would like to use my own IR remote (that has an IR usb adapter).

Yes you can

thanks!
Should I opt for the fan too?

No. This thing runs cool as is.

1 Like

thanks kostaman

So I updated my VIM3L to latest Corelec via the menu of CoreELEC and now my VIM wont boot. I just noticed that there is a warning on top o fhtis thread not to update to 9.2.1 for VIM3L users. Putting the issue aside that it this was available via the menu options of CoreELEC, how do I recover my Vim3L, bearing in mind I have only access to Mac or Linux (mint) computers?? Its so hard to find clear guides anywhere?

There is instructions I posted earlier in this thread if you read up.

You can flash the nightly once you have recovered your device.

Considering how new these devices are, it’s not really that surprising, is it? :thinking:
There are those that are busy figuring things out, mostly for the benefit of others not so capable. The latter, naturally, have to wait patiently for the guides to become clear enough for them to confidently follow.
The question of how clear a guide is will differ from person to person. :wink:

I installed the latest nightly, but the Power button still does not turn on the device. When to expect a fix?

Open CoreELEC configuration addon
Hardware Tab
IR Remote Power Code and choose Khadas
Then Inject BL301 Blob
Reboot.

1 Like

Thanks, it works.

Hello,is it normal that wake on lan doesn’t work on latest nightly? Other than that I haven’t found any bugs the little bit I used it . thanks!

CoreELEC Configuration Addon
Hardware Tab and see it is enabled.

1 Like

The Wake on.lan option is enabled,it does work from suspend but not from power off .is that normal?

Think about it. “Wake on LAN” - not “Power ON on LAN”.
The name does actually does explain that it should wake from suspend (aka sleep), not from completely OFF. :wink:

1 Like

Nothing to do with the name if you own a Vim3 Pro.
The Vim3 Pro will wake from Power Off simply by sending a wake up call
using the Wake Up option Kodi Official Remote.

Haha I do !
I just don’t see the need for (or use) WOL for these devices since, I’m always sitting in front of them, when I use them for watching a movie or the like and so the ON button works just fine.
I’ve always used Harmony remotes with all of my boxes, regardless of Brand, so they all just “come on” from whatever mode whenever I turn on the ‘Watch a Movie’ activity :wink:
You live and learn eh? :rofl: