Khadas VIM3L remote issues

Hello. I use Khadas VIM3L and the mouse button does not perform any function. In Config I see that the button use 0x5b KEY_CONTEXT_MENU code, but does not work. What are the possible solutions to start working?

I don’t know how Khadas remote works but on Beelink remote mouse button changes mode and you can use arrow buttons to move cursor around.

I use only CoreELEC. And the button on the remote doesn’t work. Theoretically should open a context menu. What is visible in the configuration file:
# table khadas_vim3l, type: NEC
0x13 KEY_MENU
0x0b KEY_VOLUMEUP
0x58 KEY_VOLUMEDOWN
0x48 KEY_HOME
0x1a KEY_RIGHT
0x0e KEY_LEFT
0x03 KEY_UP
0x02 KEY_DOWN
0x07 KEY_ENTER
0x01 KEY_BACK
0x14 KEY_POWER
0x01 KEY_ESC
0x5b KEY_CONTEXT_MENU # mouse

Sorry for my English.

Can you reboot and post the url you get by command in ssh console

journalctl -l --no-pager | grep remote | paste

Maybe you should try to create this file and reboot

touch /storage/.config/remote.force_meson_ir

Log http://ix.io/2KIa
I created the file remote.force_meson_ir but it didn’t help.

You can see from the log that meson-remote is used with config file /storage/.config/remote.conf. In this case pre-defined map ‘khadas-ir’ from dtb is used. Maybe that’s the problem because it interferes with your custom config.

Try to disable it with command

mount -o remount,rw /flash
fdtput -t u /flash/dtb.img /custom_maps mapnum 0
reboot

After reboot show me again

journalctl -l --no-pager | grep remote | paste

This should work:

echo "meson-ir * kvim.toml" > /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg

If using CoreELEC 9.2 then remove .toml extension in second command.

Hmm, now remote complettle not working http://ix.io/2KIW

And what did you do?

OK. Everything is fine. When I used the command echo "meson-ir * kvim" > /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg without .toml and rebooted remote now working! Thank you.
But now the remote control works a little differently. Previously, when watching Live TV and pressing the Menu button, the channel list popped up. The info bar now opens.In principle, I am satisfied with this, but it would be interesting to do everything to work well.

You can try this remote.conf (2.0 KB) in your .config folder.

Do I need to disable meson config or is it enough to just upload the remote.conf file to the .config folder?

Please don’t use it, it can interfere also with the dtb config. Try using keymaps editor addon to assign some keys.

Try to remove file /storage/.config/remote.force_meson_ir and use this remote.conf. Just to see how it works.

Maybe I don’t understand something with this khadas remote configuration :slight_smile:

Should I not use remote.conf? I didn’t really understand now.

Remove /storage/.config/remote.force_meson_ir and use remote.conf from above.

If it doesn’t work remove remote.conf and again create file /storage/.config/remote.force_meson_ir.

Do as @vpeter says, please!

1 Like

Thank you. I will write later how lucky I was.

Thanks guys. Everything works.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.