Kodi/CoreElec - FTP audio library - crash

CoreElec connection to server - FTP/TLS is possible but I have a problem.

However, I have some problem with the library from the FTP server and Kodi/CoreElec. This only applies to the library with audio files … unfortunately, after adding the folder with audio files from the FTP server to the library, I always get a window after restarting the system with the information: loading media information from files and constantly updating the library. It’s annoying :frowning:

If I redo the option add folder with ftp (audio) to library upgrade is in progress and system failure ? libraries ? … after repeated attempts, the entire CoreElec system crashed and reset the settings as if I had carried out the so-called. hard system reset from CoreElec menu… uuuupss :frowning:
kodi_crashlog_20221225135134.log (110.1 KB)

This doesn’t look ok:

CCurlFile::Open failed with code 550 for ftp://USERNAME:PASSWORD@XX.XXX.XX.XXX:XXXXX/MP3/Lisa%20Stansfield(Discograf%c3%ada)/:

ERROR <general>: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: Couldn't connect to server(7)

This error is only with the audio library … video files and their update works fine and launching video files from the ftp server is correct there are no delays or interruptions in displaying the above … only audio files from ftp something is wrong sometimes it does not show in folder and need to click a second time?
I don’t know where to look for the problem, FTP server (vsftpd) or Kodi / CE?
kodi_crashlog_20221225152126.log (132.9 KB)
Probably the FTP server or its bad network connection with CE / Kodi … the Internet network itself / speed / router / configuration is out because through the LAN / samba option everything works OK
speedtest is ok

curl -s https://raw.githubusercontent.com/sivel/speedtest-cli/master/speedtest.py | python -
Retrieving speedtest.net configuration...
Testing from UPC Polska (8X.XXX.13.XXX)...
Retrieving speedtest.net server list...
Selecting best server based on ping...
Hosted by Fione sp. z o.o. (Racibórz) [99.77 km]: 23.383 ms
Testing download speed................................................................................
Download: 276.78 Mbit/s
Testing upload speed......................................................................................................
Upload: 26.16 Mbit/s

Juts for a test rename your MP3 folder on ftp server and make new sample folder only with “clean” folder and file names. Because I see you have a folder Lisa Stansfield(Discografía). Maybe the problem is just with character set.

But you need to enable debug kodi log and compare log from kodi and vsftpd.

Yes… it’s rather a problem with the VsFTPd server, it’s hard to configure for proper network operation together with Kodi / CoreElec :frowning:
but i will try

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.