LE to CE on Minix U9H

Ah super, will give it a try !

So i finish my tests and so far it seems to work pretty well, a part from 2 bugs

• Cannot use bluetooth (the list that shows all available devices keeps refreshing every half seconds). this is a blocking point for me as it prevents me from using harmony remote
  • The skins reload itself after sometimes of usage, especially when I browse various settings (not sure if this is a skin issue or CE issue)

Anyway, BIG thanks to all devs for all your hard work and making Kodi working on AML !

Did you copy the right device tree (gxm_q200_2g_minix_neo_u9) to the root of your sd card and renamed it to “dtb.img”?

well no, I didnt do that…
However, and as strange as it seems, it’s now working fine. I didnt do anything in particular tbh, simply checking the bluetooth version via ssh. i the went on doing other things, leaving the box running. Then when I came back (Several hours after) the bluetooth was stable and I could select my remote and connect to it.
Now everything is fine so far !

I didnt select any device tree when installing CE, so I was using the one by default in 8.99.1.2

Is there a way I can “update” by using the correct one ? Or should I reinstall everything ? (so far everything is installed and properly configured, I’d rather not do a blank installation again…

Thank you

Put the SD card into your computer, and copy over the correct DTB from the device trees folder to the root of the SD card, then rename it to dtb.img. You should really read the installation instructions before posting questions that have been answered countless times.

@TheCoolest he already said hes running from internal.

@plouf
As @TheCoolest says you should really read the install guide before installing, its imperative that you install the U9H specific DTB as there is a bunch of things that will not work without it.

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/dtb bs=256k count=1 status=none
dd if="/usr/share/bootloader/device_trees/gxm_q200_2g_minix_neo_u9.dtb" of=/dev/dtb bs=256k status=none

No further assistance will be offered as per link.

Well, I did say LE was on internal memory but CE is on SD card and working fine so far.

I didn’t put the right device tree before my setup (my bad for sure !)

My question was: can i put the right device tree at the root of my SD card now that everything is working fine ? Or should I do another fresh install and re configure everything in Kodi ?

Thank you

Yes, you can replace the DTB on the SD root.

Sorry my bad, I misread, as above just copy and replace and your all good :slight_smile:

ok, just did it and everything seems ok :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot for your work @devs !!

2 posts were split to a new message: Your posts have been deleted as they seem to be hijacking an existing thread. Please read https://discourse.coreelec.org/t/faq-guidelines-forum-etiquette/5

I too have a Minix U9-H, and want to try CE instead of LE. I’m having trouble connecting to a Windows 10 server via SMB for my media. Maybe CE will work better. But I cannot find an appropriate img file for the Minix S912. The only one I could find is [CoreELEC-Amlogic.arm-9.0.1-Generic.img.gz] and I don’t know if that is right for the Minix U9.

Can you help me please?

Why don’t you take a look into our download helper?
It tells you everything you need including the device tree:
https://coreelec.org/#download

Excellent! Thanks for that tool.

It did select the generic image I’d wondered about. It also provided the name of the device tree, (xm_q200_2g_minix_neo_u9) but when I clicked on “download image” I did not get a dtb file, just the img.gz. Is that device tree already in that image, or do I need to find the dtb file and add it to the root of the flashdrive?

I already have a file (gxm_q200_2g_minix_neo_u9.dtb ) from LE that i pulled from Mega.nz but don’t know if they are interchangable.

Also, I would not mind staying on Kodi 17; is that even an option with CE?

Please advise

After writing the image to the sd you’ll have a folder with the device trees in the root of the SD. You then choose you device tree, copy it to the root of the sd and rename it to dtb.img after deleting the one that’s already there

Just follow the instructions from @Vasco.
Please don’t use the one from LE, because it will most probably cause problems on CE.

Thank you. I found the device tree folder and got the proper one and have now got CE up and running; and it is now connecting to my Windows 10 server so I can view and delete videos from my network drive. No need for sneaker-net any more.

Mucho Mahalos

Got it. Thanks for your help

All of the instructions that you have just been given are on our home page and are impossible to miss, please try to read before opening further threads.