Looking for users with no working WiFi or BT

read post 1

udevadm info /sys/bus/sdio/devices/* | paste

http://ix.io/4AOu

1 Like

Box with s905x2 and RTL8188F (android 9 uses module: rtl8189fs). Wifi does not work, no bt module.

dmesg: http://ix.io/4APE

CoreELEC:~ # udevadm info /sys/bus/sdio/devices/* | paste
Unknown device "/sys/bus/sdio/devices/*": No such device
CoreELEC:~ # 

dmesg from android 9:
dmesga9 (199.4 KB)

dtb file from android 9:
mcg12a-u212-2g.dtb (76.8 KB)

Can you boot to Android, connect to it via ADB (adb shell) and give output of

su
cat /data/vendor/wifi/wid_fp

This will give you which wifi driver is in use under Android.

ap201:/ # cat /data/vendor/wifi/wid_fp
cat: /data/vendor/wifi/wid_fp: No such file or directory

dmesg https://pastebin.com/9Ab3mHbK
[ 20.852599] load module: aic8800_fdrv

1 Like

I have an s922x device (FireTV 2nd gen Cube) with MT7668 WiFi/BT chip. WiFi works, BT doesn’t. I see older posts say BT is not supported for this chip, is that still the case?

EDIT: Found this thread from February 2023. @devdanoob did you ever make any progress on the BT driver?

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Adapted to Tencent Aurora 4 Pro

@vpeter The PS4 Linux community created a MT7668 BT driver for kernel 4.19 back in March. Would the source code for from that help in a potential backport for CE with kernel 4.9?

Thanks YadaYada: will try to incorporate it to 4.9 linux (ng images) in next days.

1 Like

In case it helps, Noob404yt just added the source here for the MT7668 WiFi/BT drivers he put together

Yes, I found it eventually. And driver builds with our kernel with some small modifications.

Some people just aren’t raised right, and have no appreciation for other people’s donated time :confused:

Which device image needed for test? NG or NE, and v20 or v21?

CE 20.2 NG, thank you!

Try this one: 205.6 MB file on MEGA

and make me dmesg log in ssh terminal or from CoreELEC addon.

dmesg | paste
1 Like

Thank you @vpeter this is looking really promising. I did a fresh install. I was having a little trouble getting connected to WiFi, CE would sometimes freeze when selecting a WiFi network. And I got a couple timeout messages while entering my WiFi password, but eventually got connected.

BT scanning is working, and I can even pair a device, but I get this GUI error when trying to connect: Bluetooth error br-connection-unkown

I’m not sure if this has an impact, but the vendor bluetooth dtb node only has the gio_en property

bt-dev {
		compatible = "amlogic, bt-dev";
		dev_name = "bt-dev";
		status = "okay";
		gpio_en = <0x26 0x50 0x00>;
	};

so my current CE node looks like this

bt-dev {
		gpio_en = <&gpio GPIOX_14 GPIO_ACTIVE_HIGH>;
		/delete-property/ gpio_reset;
		/delete-property/ gpio_hostwake;
	};

I’m not familiar with bt much but there is some repeated errors in dmesg

[   37.051066@1]d BUG: sleeping function called from invalid context at mm/slab.h:393
[   37.051342@1]d in_atomic(): 1, irqs_disabled(): 128, pid: 3821, name: btmtk_main_serv
[   37.052314@1]d CPU: 1 PID: 3821 Comm: btmtk_main_serv Tainted: G        W  O    4.9.269 #1
[   37.053340@1]d Hardware name: Amazon Raven (DT)`

Maybe this explains the errors connecting. No idea how to fix this.

1 Like

Yeah I see that bug and trace appear in dmesg anytime the BT controller is scanning. I initially paired my phone, and it successfully pairs, but then is not able to connect. This appears to be due to an authentication error

[ 3645.505437] Bluetooth: hci0: Invalid security: Missing AES-CCM usage

I then tried to pair a BT mouse, and that does successfully pair and work, so not all a loss.

I tried pairing two different brand BT remotes, but the controller is not seeing them during the scan. I tried manually pairing them with their mac using the pair mac-address option in bluetoothctl, but the remotes are not being seen. I am scanning with my phone at the same time to verify the remotes are in pairing mode, and i can pair them with the phone. The CE BT controller just isn’t seeing this class of BT device for some reason.

I’ll see if i can find any more information.

Is it possible to manually load a compiled BT driver in CE from ssh?

Noob404’s original post was with MT7668 BT drivers for kernel 4.19. The compiled driver is still available, but unfortunately he’s not sure if he still has the source. The source on github was updated for kernel 5.4

Noob404 said he’ll check if he has any copies of the 4.19 source in any of his backups. In the meantime I could try the compiled driver for 4.19 to see if it’s any more functional.

Of course you can manually load modules using insmod command. But it must be compatible meaning for same kernel version which is 4.9. Usually it works, sometimes it doesn’t. It depends.

I did build this mt7668 wifi and bt from his repo

From what I see his BT source code comes originally from
https://coral.googlesource.com/mt7668-bluetooth-mod/

1 Like