Can you take a wider photo? This isn’t the component we’re talking about.
It seems three parts are missing.
The last one above the 8211 probably a missing resistor.
The second from the top on the right of the 8211 probably a missing capacitor.
The middle part below the 8211 is missing too.
The question is if those are missing by design or by mistake?
It doesn’t work at all so I guess it isn’t by design…
It turned out it is by design. (Another box with semi-working LAN has the same missing parts)
I think all these boxes are just using the same configuration. They most likely just implement the same circuit depicted in the RTL8211F datasheet.
So a crap PCB design could still cause issues, due to the very high frequencies required by 1Gbit to work.
You probably have the same issue that the Beelink GT-King had/has.
Do you mean the one which could be solved by shortcut one resistor?
All in all everyone is assuming hw problem? Isn’t here a member with the same box?
Here it is, SamWillson had some N5 max…
Maybe he has some photos in detail.
You can boot into Android and check if Ethernet is working correctly at 1Gbit there.
Last time I checked it was as bad as in CE.
I did re-measure iperf in CE. Now with both directions, the result is surprising.
CoreELECx2:~ # ethtool eth0 Settings for eth0: Supported ports: [ TP MII ] Supported link modes: 10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full 100baseT/Half 100baseT/Full 1000baseT/Full Supported pause frame use: No Supports auto-negotiation: Yes Supported FEC modes: Not reported Advertised link modes: 10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full 100baseT/Half 100baseT/Full 1000baseT/Full Advertised pause frame use: No Advertised auto-negotiation: Yes Advertised FEC modes: Not reported Link partner advertised link modes: 10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full 100baseT/Half 100baseT/Full 1000baseT/Full Link partner advertised pause frame use: Symmetric Link partner advertised auto-negotiation: Yes Link partner advertised FEC modes: Not reported Speed: 1000Mb/s Duplex: Full Port: MII PHYAD: 0 Transceiver: external Auto-negotiation: on Supports Wake-on: ug Wake-on: d Current message level: 0x0000003f (63) drv probe link timer ifdown ifup Link detected: yes CoreELECx2:~ # iperf3 -c 192.168.0.101 Connecting to host 192.168.0.101, port 5201 [ 5] local 192.168.0.130 port 46146 connected to 192.168.0.101 port 5201 [ ID] Interval Transfer Bitrate Retr Cwnd [ 5] 0.00-1.00 sec 97.5 MBytes 818 Mbits/sec 0 1.27 MBytes [ 5] 1.00-2.00 sec 92.5 MBytes 776 Mbits/sec 0 3.36 MBytes [ 5] 2.00-3.00 sec 93.8 MBytes 786 Mbits/sec 0 3.36 MBytes [ 5] 3.00-4.00 sec 100 MBytes 838 Mbits/sec 0 3.36 MBytes [ 5] 4.00-5.00 sec 101 MBytes 850 Mbits/sec 0 3.36 MBytes [ 5] 5.00-6.00 sec 102 MBytes 860 Mbits/sec 0 3.36 MBytes [ 5] 6.00-7.00 sec 100 MBytes 838 Mbits/sec 0 3.36 MBytes [ 5] 7.00-8.00 sec 98.8 MBytes 829 Mbits/sec 0 3.36 MBytes [ 5] 8.00-9.00 sec 96.2 MBytes 808 Mbits/sec 0 3.36 MBytes [ 5] 9.00-10.00 sec 98.8 MBytes 828 Mbits/sec 0 3.36 MBytes - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -[ ID] Interval Transfer Bitrate Retr [ 5] 0.00-10.00 sec 981 MBytes 823 Mbits/sec 0 sender [ 5] 0.00-10.00 sec 978 MBytes 820 Mbits/sec receiver iperf Done. CoreELECx2:~ # iperf3 -c 192.168.0.101 -R Connecting to host 192.168.0.101, port 5201 Reverse mode, remote host 192.168.0.101 is sending [ 5] local 192.168.0.130 port 46162 connected to 192.168.0.101 port 5201 [ ID] Interval Transfer Bitrate [ 5] 0.00-1.00 sec 315 KBytes 2.58 Mbits/sec [ 5] 1.00-2.00 sec 427 KBytes 3.50 Mbits/sec [ 5] 2.00-3.00 sec 175 KBytes 1.44 Mbits/sec [ 5] 3.00-4.00 sec 342 KBytes 2.80 Mbits/sec [ 5] 4.00-5.00 sec 848 KBytes 6.95 Mbits/sec [ 5] 5.00-6.00 sec 574 KBytes 4.70 Mbits/sec [ 5] 6.00-7.00 sec 557 KBytes 4.56 Mbits/sec [ 5] 7.00-8.00 sec 4.24 KBytes 34.7 Kbits/sec [ 5] 8.00-9.00 sec 89.1 KBytes 730 Kbits/sec [ 5] 9.00-10.00 sec 448 KBytes 3.67 Mbits/sec - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -[ ID] Interval Transfer Bitrate Retr [ 5] 0.00-10.00 sec 3.75 MBytes 3.15 Mbits/sec 154 sender [ 5] 0.00-10.00 sec 3.69 MBytes 3.10 Mbits/sec receiver iperf Done.
Looks like a bad ethernet to me. Only good one way, but not the other. Good TX, bad RX, same as on some GTKs.
Please do NOT shortcircuit any unplaced components, you may kill the complete board.
The missing components are unplaced capacitors, which were designed in, but later during development found to be not needed. Common approach during development, saves 0,1ct.
Your problem looks like a bad contact on the Ethernet IC, therefore I recommend to check the pads of the QFN package for Shorts or open contacts.
Thanx. Let me translate. I should have to measure those marked legs next to each other if they shortcut or not?
Unless you know what you are doing, and have the tools for it, I wouldn’t bother trying anything.
These are extra tiny parts, so I wouldn’t try soldering them without a hot air station + good flux.
Yes, you can do an optical inspection on the IC pins, to check if there are shortcircuits between adjacent pins, or pins without proper contact to pcb.
If there are any faults found, repairing is a different story & needs special tools/skills, as TheCoolest mentioned.
I had this exact same issue with the GT-King with slow Ethernet performance and @TheCoolest had a similar issue where Gbit was totally unusable, only forcing 100M made the Ethernet work.
Solution was replacement by the manufacturer, the replacement had no such issues and worked perfectly.
Thx, I am forcing them.
Due to high postal cost I asked for partial refund and continue using the box with usb-ethernet adapter, which now works seamless.
Thanks for advices and the great sw!