Magicsee N5

Sorry, no progress thus far. I can’t really see what’s different between the two drivers.
Do you still have Android on the box? Can you try to reboot into android, then back to CE and try the new driver again? Will it work or turn the display off, or something else.

1 Like

Sure please give me about 2h will tested it and write info to you

OK i removed sd card and ran android, on android clock work ok shows time and wifi icon (i connected to my wifi) Then plugged sd card and restart Then i ran CE from SD, clock shows that same as on android time and wifi icon. I ran yours driver, first previous version of driver, an then i run second version driver. Clock all time shows that same time and wifi icon no turn off or somthing else. On CE clock not sync time always shows for example 19:48.

EDIT
I tested all vfd.conf files from github and on one file led indicator are change to red and on other file change to blue

blue.conf (1.5 KB)
red.conf (1.2 KB)

Mayby its a some helpful

Can someone do this and provide me with the output, thanks

systemctl status qca9377-firmware-aml.service

● qca9377-firmware-aml.service - QCA Bluetooth firmware service
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/qca9377-firmware-aml.service; static; vendor preset: disabled)
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Fri 2019-01-04 21:18:22 GMT; 4 days ago
Process: 2767 ExecStart=/usr/bin/hciattach -n -s 115200 /dev/ttyS1 qca 2000000 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
Main PID: 2767 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Warning: Journal has been rotated since unit was started. Log output is incomplete or unavailable.

● qca9377-firmware-aml.service - QCA Bluetooth firmware service
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/qca9377-firmware-aml.service; static; vendor preset: disabled)
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Tue 2019-01-08 21:39:16 UTC; 30min ago
Process: 2738 ExecStart=/usr/bin/hciattach -n -s 115200 /dev/ttyS1 qca 2000000 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
Main PID: 2738 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Jan 01 00:00:22 CoreELEC-HC systemd[1]: Started QCA Bluetooth firmware service.
Jan 01 00:00:22 CoreELEC-HC hciattach[2738]: qca_soc_init: Rome Version (0x03020023)
Jan 08 21:39:13 CoreELEC-HC hciattach[2738]: read_vs_hci_event: Not an HCI-VS-Event! buf[0]: 255/lib/firmware/qca/tfbtnv11.bin File Open Fail
Jan 08 21:39:16 CoreELEC-HC systemd[1]: qca9377-firmware-aml.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Jan 08 21:39:16 CoreELEC-HC systemd[1]: qca9377-firmware-aml.service: Failed with result ‘exit-code’.

Thank you both @ffimon and @biau

Can one of you please try the following test build here.

Hi @anon88919003 just tested the build. Now bluetooth is working very well. Unfortunately my external usb external adapter is not working anymore. I can connect only with internal wifi and this interface is showing as Wlan1.
Thanks a lot for your effort.
Skunz.

Hi @anon88919003 I did another test…switching the USB adapter to the second USB port and now wifi and bluetooth is working very well and together !
Thanks a lot.
Skunz.

Glad to hear it, thanks

@anon88919003 the change that has been made will be inserted in the next coreelec release ?
What was the problem ?
Thanks.
Skunz

Yes it will be, it will also be available in the nightly release from tonight.

It was a problem with the qca9377 firmware.

thank you @anon88919003.
Bluetooth works now I can connect with my harmony hub.
Downside I guess it’s because of the dev version I cannot connect to web interface anymore or use yatse.

edit: oups my bad I’ve found that web interface was disabled

Hello any progres of work at driver? If you can please send me a dtasheet and sample code.

Nothing yet, sorry.

OK no problem CE work fine without this :slight_smile:

Hi.
I have installed on Magicsee N5 nightly version CoreELEC-S905.arm-9.0-nightly_20190109-S905.img.gz.
Everything works (remote, VFD)
May i update box with next stable version when comes up (like 8.95.8)?
Chaneges from nightly versions commits to next stable version?

Thx

Yes you can

1 Like

Thank you. CE is perfect.

I’m thinking of buying this box to add to my gt1. To the owners, are you satisfied with it? I’m going to use it with tvheadend server and spiritual with my gtq standard already running coreelec. Thanks