MECOOL KM9 Pro Classic (2 GB / 16 GB) with AndroidTV 10

With Win32 Disk Imager I now get an error:

Error while trying to read data. Error 2: The system cannot find the specified file.

Win32 Disk Imager stops reading/writing at 52%.

I have tried twice.

I think this will stay unresolved.

Seems the only solution would be Android 9 install.

2 Likes

@vpeter

I have tested this version and it works fine on my device , S905X2 / ANDROID 10 .
thank you very much .

@CEnew i think your problem is in the usb stick, change usb other

2 Likes

@ hungphutho: I don’t understand? Are you saying this my image works for you on Android 10 device and official images doesn’t? Like currently nightly build from https://relkai.coreelec.org/

1 Like

The question is how?
I do not even know how a USB burning tool works with android box?

Now I formatted the USB stick and with Rufus write your last v8 file to the USB stick. Win32 Disk Imager then breaks again at 52%.

Formatted the USB-Stick again and wrote with Rufus the original file CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-19.4-Matrix_rc2-Generic.img (from CoreELEC) to the USB-Stick. Win32 Disk Imager then breaks also again at 52%.

Thank you.
Can you recommend me a type, size, for USB stick and SD card? What do you use?
What kind of box do you have exactly?

oh my god ! I haven’t tested the official CE 19.4 version, since I posted the UART log here :smiley:

Now I have downloaded the official version and my device is up and running :smiley:

2 Likes

USB Sandisk 8GB 2.0 .

1 Like

Thank you.
Did you also try an SD card?
Please tell what box you have.

SDMC DV8536 , s905x2 , android 10 . FPT Telecom FPT Play Box+ 2020 - Android TV Guide

1 Like

Thank you.

I will then buy a USB stick 2.0 8GB.
I’m thinking of also buying an SD card - also 8GB?
If CoreELEC would work via SD card, that would be best, since my box has only two USB ports and I could continue to use them both.

1 Like

@vpeter @CEnew after testing CE 19.4 on 2 devices s905x2 and s905x3 android 10 google certified , i found out hardware video decoding is not working , sw decode working
i think like the problem here .
Since android 10 , decoder hardware video blocked

1 Like

Downgrade to Android 9 if exist. If it doesn’t nothing we can do at the moment.

2 Likes

hungphutho, would be possible to run dmesg command in ssh console?

dmesg | paste
2 Likes

I bought a Micro SD card (Intenso 16GB). With Rufus I wrote the original file CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-19.4-Matrix_rc2-Generic.img (from CoreELEC) to the SD card.
With toothpick method immediately appeared the CoreELEC logo on the screen and CoreELEC was started, I could then in all settings.

USB stick with movie files (different resolutions, different framerates) inserted into the box. There are massive problems with playback: No picture, the screen stays black, sound is only heard briefly at the beginning. Probably the same problems as mentioned by @hungphutho here.
The different framerates of the movies were displayed correctly on the TV, although I found no setting for automatic framerate output.

Conclusion: Without downgrade to AndroidTV 9, this will probably not work correctly.

Could you collect dmesg|paste after playback starts? And upload a link you receive

Sorry, I have no idea about this, I don’t know what to do and how exactly.
I am an absolute newbie in this subject.

I hope your box is connected to internet
https://wiki.coreelec.org/coreelec:troublesteps#upload_log
Select upload latest kodi log and configs…
But it’s only if you can do it.
It doesn’t solve a problem but may be give us some picture of error.

1 Like

Yes, Hardware decoding not working

1 Like

Tomorrow I will post the log, hope it will be useful for CE developers.
Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks, for the hint.

I enabled debug logging.
Then I started some movie files and there were the problems: no picture, sound only at the beginning.
I went to system > Select upload latest Kodi log and configs…
And then came the message:

Failed to paste log files, try again

I tried very often, but always came this message.

Then I made a reboot of the box, tried again and this time there was a URL: http://ix.io/3PYB

Is that right, first a reboot and only then comes the URL?