This past month or so, I’ve been replacing all of my equipment. I use to have an old Core2Quad PC running OpenElec on a 10yr old Sony Bravia, and then switched to a Beelink android box with CoreElec with my hard drives in a NAS setup (WD MyCloud EX2 Ultra).
Got it all sorted and running, then yesterday the TV was replace with TCL 6-series 55".
Played with some settings, image was too sharp and clear, everything looked like shot with a camcorder and ghosting. Switched that and everything looks good, except some videos tend to microstutter. Not size related either. I have a single MKV file, X265, 10-bit, 4K, around 50GB of Infinity Wars and seems stutter free. I’ll grab an x265 1080p around 4000kbps (3.5GB) and microstutter.
So many settings, not sure where to start… any ideas?
I am running off ethernet, gigabit router with Cat6e ethernet cables. NAS is about 3 feet away as is the router so, ethernet from NAS-Router-Beelink.
" You can try playing with /sys/module/amvdec_h265/parameters/dynamic_buf_num_margin to see if it improves playback."
… umm… do I type that in somewhere? or, is it a file I need to change or something?
My Kodi/Linux skills end at copying to an SD card and booting it up.
Wrongly encoded wise, I use VidCoder (handbrake) and encode using x265, variable bitrate, fps I click to keep the same as source, and audio is converted from DTS to AC3 5.1 640kbps. Quality between 18-23 depending how much I like the movie and if lots of CGI and such. Pretty straight forward/basic encode.
use putty or something to ssh to your box
password: coreelec cat /sys/module/amvdec_h265/parameters/dynamic_buf_num_margin to check current default value echo 8 > /sys/module/amvdec_h265/parameters/dynamic_buf_num_margin to set value to 8
try values 8, 10, 12, 16 to check that is better for your encoded material
ok i tried several values, but got same issue all the time
after 7 minutes video freeze, stutter, but i checked also something different
i always work with an advancedsettings.xml
memorysize 0 (using local hard drive for cache)
but i think there is an issue with the sd card slot, because sometimes android boots and i have to restart the app boot 2 libreelec, afterwards coreelec boots fine again.
changed memorysize to 104857600 -> so using RAM for chache now
first test, stutters are gone -> fingers crossed
just want to share my practice
The folder is shared via SMB too, and it’s called “Update”, just drop the tar file there and reboot.
If root/coreelec doesn’t work then you’ve either changed the password at one point or you upgrade from LibreELEC (which is a big no-no) and the password will be libreelec.
If you indeed upgraded from LE, then I suggest you do a clean install and try again.
Nope, didn’t change any particular or upgrade. I had OpenElec on my PC, when I switched to the Beelink I had a new SD card and started from scratch.
Maybe it doesn’t like being connected to via tablet.
EDIT - On my Tablet (Android) I can see the CoreElec but not access. When I go to my PC (Win10) and go to Network, I can’t find it. I installed CuteFTP and was able to add it and access it no problem. Added the file, rebooted and shows updating now. Fingers crossed.