N2 Boot Sequence

If there’s a bootable CE image on both the µSD and eMMC cards which one with the N2 boot from, seen conflicting documentation on that. Thanks.

SD card first if CoreELEC is on both.

Yeah thanks, both CoreELEC.

Having a weird issue and want to reload the eMMC, boot from SD and use installtoemmc script instead of writing to eMMC from Windows and Rufus.

Oh, one other related question, the nightly build starts just after midnight, yeah? I don’t see this morning’s build yet (16th), will it post sometime this morning?

Nightlies are a compilation of the day’s commits, so the one that compiled out at 01:05 on May 16th will be dated _20190515. So “today’s” build is out already. I’m assuming it’s compiled in GMT timezone, because I get them in the early evening here (EST), and manually install them as soon as I get notice.

CE has preference for SD card, but the HK Linux images have preference for eMMC, that’s where the conflicting information must be coming from.
If you have CE on both eMMC and SD, it’ll boot from SD. It’s a measure we added so it’d be easy to recover the eMMC or quickly test stuff before putting it on the eMMC.

It’s worth adding that the default for Amlogic devices is to boot SD/USB first for recovery purposes.

Hardkernel are the ones who changed the default behaviour, we simply reverted it back.

Sounds good, thanks for all the info :slight_smile:

One other question, is there any way to mount the image and enable ssh logins before the first boot?

Hello, I would like to ask you a question, having emmc with android and CE in SD as I do to switch to SD while being on android?

always starts the nand, being put

Simply reboot from Android…

I mean switch to the SD with corelec from android, doing but adroid run again