Nightly builds (NEW)

Thanks. CE is installed on the emmc because I bought it as the HTPC kit with pre-installed CE.
Anyway, your “edit” did the trick! I downloaded the tar and did a manual update and now BT is working straight on boot-up, great!
However, I have another issue. My automatic BT/HDMI sound switcher is not working anymore.
For this I have 2 files in the \Configfiles\udev.rules.d folder:

bluetooth-event.rules

ACTION=="add|remove", SUBSYSTEM=="bluetooth", RUN+="/bin/sh /storage/.config/udev.rules.d/bt-audio-switch.sh"

bt-audio-switch.sh

device="ALSA:hdmi:CARD=AMLAUGESOUND,DEV=0"
sleep 5; pactl info | grep "a2dp_sink" && device="PULSE:Default"
curl -v -H "Content-type: application/json" -d '{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Settings.SetSettingValue", "params":{"setting":"audiooutput.audiodevice","value":"'"$device"'"},"id":1}' http://localhost:8080/jsonrpc

It appears that this script is not executed anymore. Because when I execute it manually, it switches the audio. Did something change at the rule processing or something?
This automatich sound switcher was working fine on nightly 20200330.
Thanks!

Edit:
When I ssh into the box, and use

udevadm monitor

it is showing the events when activating / deactivaing my bluetooth headphones:

KERNEL[2334.422482] add      /devices/platform/ffd24000.serial/tty/ttyS1/hci0/hci0:11 (bluetooth)
KERNEL[2336.526458] add      /devices/virtual/input/input10 (input)
KERNEL[2336.527506] add      /devices/virtual/input/input10/event7 (input)
UDEV  [2336.530546] add      /devices/virtual/input/input10 (input)
UDEV  [2336.600553] add      /devices/virtual/input/input10/event7 (input)
KERNEL[2345.804350] remove   /devices/virtual/input/input10/event7 (input)
UDEV  [2345.806025] remove   /devices/virtual/input/input10/event7 (input)
KERNEL[2345.845301] remove   /devices/virtual/input/input10 (input)
UDEV  [2345.845812] remove   /devices/virtual/input/input10 (input)
KERNEL[2346.240286] remove   /devices/platform/ffd24000.serial/tty/ttyS1/hci0/hci0:11 (bluetooth)

So, that part is still working. Digging deeper…

Edit 2:
Added some logging in that shell script, and it looks like that script/rules are not (always) executed for some reason. Downgraded to nightly 20200330 again, and there it works all the time flawlessly.
Any idea’s? Thanks!

Well… woke up to another boot loop. I suspect hardware issues. I did a flash on stable 9.2.2 and still got a boot loop. Checking SD card now

EDIT: Hardware is not the issue. 0413 is running just fine. Disabled updates and traffic to internet on my router for coreelec. All is running just fine.

EDIT2 20200415: Applied solution of not using lower USB ports. All is working fine now. v9.2.2 up and running

My H96 X905X2 updated to the new 9.2.2, happy with that.
Boot logo was the same red one.
I did a forced update putting 9.2.2 into update folder and rebooted.
https://coreelec.org/#download
Now I have the nice Blue and Red boot logo.
Im guessing the nightly update is just slightly different than the release?
Not a prob for me though as I will stick to the new release, thanks to the team for the effort :slight_smile:

Hm. This might be the issue I’m experiencing. Nice work!
I’ll be using my old headphones for now, 'til it’s fixed.

Those days coreelec updated automatically from nightly to stable 9.2.2, now I put manually the 0415 nightly and it’s trying to update to stable again.

What are the correct update settings to only notify nightlies updates?

Already answered here:

HELP!

After update to last nightly my X96air dont boot up!

How i do a rollback?
Cant acess via SSH or \ to dir update.
I can only acess SD

Thanks, I don’t visit the N2 section.

So seems normal behaviour…

@cdu13a Do I need to put this in the new 9.2.2 thread? It looks like all the attention moved from here to there :slight_smile:

You can download a .tar file of the build you want, extract Ando copy kernel and system to the SD overwriting the existing ones

I know it’s been crazy this week with the surge of posts todo with the new release. I’ll take a look at your issue a bit later today.

Already do that but didn’t work.
Never mind i do clean install.
Thanks

Change hdmi to surround71 as this is default now.

I can’t see the connection to the fact that automatic switching to Bluetooth audio is not working anymore as well. But never mind, I’ll stick to nightly 20200330, it’s doing everything I need.
Maybe in the future, other will experience the same problem, and then it might get some more attentions from the devs.

Yeah that’s fine just don’t provide any useful feedback and expect us to fix it when more people complain, very clever idea that.

1 Like

I don’t want to be rude or have an argument with you, because I appreciate a lot what you and your colleagues are doing here (for free!). But in this particular case, it has nothing to do with what you’re suggesting, because the udev rules itself are not executed in a consistent way. I made a simple shellscript, just outputting the time&date to a log file, and by turning on/off my Bluetooth headphones, the script is not executed consistently. While it is with Nightly 20200330. Maybe something is changed in the udev mechanism, I don’t know, I can only tell you my experience with it.
And my “fix” to use the 20200330 nightly for the time being is for not bothering you and your team just after a stable release with many questions etc, while a workable solution is available for me.

and I can tell you it has nothing to do with what your suggesting either, nothing has changed in how udev works.

You haven’t given us anything useful to work with, what device your using? what bluetooth chip is in your device? no logs? nothing. From your post I can deduce your issue only with using my crystal ball.

If you follow the thread (it was originally a discussion with @cdu13a, which you picked up), you could see that it was concerning the VIM3L. I didn’t know I need to repeat all the previous thread messages with every new post. Mea Culpa.
But really, never mind, I stepped on some tows somehow, and that’s really not worth it.

1 Like

Finally got to testing your issue with switching the audio settings on connect/disconnect of Bluetooth device.

Not sure exactly what is happening yet, but It seems to be connected to the systemd bump on April 1st.

3 Likes

Just installed the 04/23 nightlie on Vim3L. No issues I can see (except it changing my remote back to meson-remote from meson-ir which I pretty much expected).
But I do have one big question: Tomorrow if I get the notice that an upgrade is available will it be a new nightly or will it take me back to 9.2.2?

Had to uninstall the nightly and back grade to stable 9.2.2 Some peculiar issues.