Nightly builds (NEW)

Error with the third command. Despite that error this is the ethernet data. My internet speed is 300. Very good

Can I put these 4 commands in my 9.2.8 version to make ethernet work on my device? Or will you make a specific dtb? This has worked on a test pen drive but I use a stable 9.2.8 on microSD. I understand that it would not work in 9.2.8 but I would like to know your opinion. I think this can help a lot of people with the old x96max with ethernet problems especially x96max 4/32 and 4/64 devices. Thank you very much Portisch.

You can put it in a autostart.sh, samples are in the forum.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: CoreELEC 20.0-Nexus_alpha1 (pre-release)

Whats mean “x device”?

He meant the cheap X96… china boxes, which are a nightmare nowadays with their unknown HW inside :wink:

Installed latest nightly (20220110) and with only initial settings (no addons) my Ethernet speed is 1Gbits as it should be. There is no problem as I explained here with my 14.3 full installation, and solved by forcing 1Gbits speed.
Now when I test with “ethtool eth0” I get following response:
1000 on Nightly.txt (1.4 KB)
The only difference from 19.3 response:
100.txt (1.4 KB)
is in these lines:
Link partner advertised link modes: 10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full
100baseT/Half 100baseT/Full
Link partner advertised pause frame use: No

Link partner advertised link modes: 10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full
100baseT/Half 100baseT/Full
1000baseT/Half 1000baseT/Full
Link partner advertised pause frame use: Transmit-only

My question: Has anything been changed between 19.3 and latest nightly that can influence this functionality difference?
If not, I have to begin installing all my addons (reboot after installing every one) to find out which addon causes this drop in Ethernet speed, from 1000Mbits to 100Mbits…

Later I’ll also try today’s 19.4_Rc1

I doubt that any addon can change ethernet configuration.

In the mean time I updated nightly to 19.4_rc1 and ethernet still works OK with 1Gbits…

If you doubt that addons can change ethernet settings, I’ll try to restore my 19.3 backup to 19.4 and see if it still works OK…

Edit: OK, I restored my 19.3 full installation to 19.4_rc1 and now my N2 and router negotiate in a polite way so I get 1Gbits automatically, without the need to force it.

with the rise of Kernel 4.9.269 CrazyCAT drivers are not working in the last nightly versions.
I went back to the previous night version.

1 Like

Not sure if this can be solved. It’s way over complicated and DVB is obsolete for such systems.
When you do not work on “mainline” it’s almost impossible to get crazycat compiled.

Like when updating the package it does apply newer kernel patches as well for old kernel:

Applying patches for kernel 4.9.269
patch -s -f -N -p1 -i ../backports/api_version.patch
patch -s -f -N -p1 -i ../backports/pr_fmt.patch
patch -s -f -N -p1 -i ../backports/debug.patch
patch -s -f -N -p1 -i ../backports/drx39xxj.patch
patch -s -f -N -p1 -i ../backports/ccs.patch
patch -s -f -N -p1 -i ../backports/rc-cec.patch
patch -s -f -N -p1 -i ../backports/v5.15_container_of.patch
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED

Recommendation: Setup a SAT>IP system and you happy in future!
DVB is obsolete for open source as the main developer disappeared 2 years ago.

1 Like

TBS USB Tuner has new Linux drivers.This drives can be compilation for Coreelec?

No idea but PR is welcome. I think best for now is to mark the dvb addons as broken.
Maybe they come back with Amlogic 5.4 kernel.

We currently use base 2019-07-10 from media_tree:
https://git.linuxtv.org/media_tree.git/
But for the new kernel it should be updated, maximum to Aug 13, 2019 as this commit:
https://git.linuxtv.org/media_tree.git/commit/drivers/media/i2c/et8ek8/et8ek8_driver.c?id=bec5352d20d1a8c11d482fb079b553c00b7204ac
Is not compatible anymore with 4.9.269 and need a newer kernel.

So maximum last version would be 2019-08-12, what is not available for download…

1 Like

A95X Max (S905X2)

CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-19.4-Matrix_nightly_20220112 contains a new DTB for g12a_s905x2_4g_1gbit

For a while, the DTB contained within CE contained a version that would work except that when powering down the box, a reboot would happen instead.

The solution was to replace the DTB with an old one that allowed power down.

On updating to 20220112 after replacing the DTB and rebooting to take effect, the box would not boot.

All that the VFD showed was BOOT with a blank screen.

I set-up an SD card with a fresh installation of 20220112 but it would not boot either, exhibiting the above.

I then set-up an SD card with a fresh installation of 20220110 which booted fine.

I also tried again with 20220113 but no dice.

After much playing around I discovered that the issue is with the new DTB.

After restoring to the position as of 20220110 I used the 20220112 update tar and initially it booted fine.

I checked the DTB to discover that it was a new size (3rd gen).

If I leave it as is with the latest one I get boot but when powering down, it just reboots.

Applying my regular fix with the first gen DTB hangs the box at the initial boot process.

So I am either stuck on 20220110 to allow correct power down or proceed with newer nighties and have to switch off the box whilst active.

Instead of just copy over file over file may try to find the reason in the file?
There is a new kernel now used and you will stuck on 19.4_rc1 forever.

I don’t remember if we took already a look or not. Please share your dtbs and describe which one did work, which one not and so on. There have to be a difference and when this is defined you can use a autostart.sh script to modify the dtb every time on boot.

I’m afraid that I do not have the required knowledge to look inside a file and diagnose the differences.

Attached are the 3 variants.

GEN1 (66k) works fully for boot and power off up to 20220110.

GEN2 (67k) works for boot but not for power off, replacing with GEN1 works fully.

GEN3 (69k) (introduced at 20220112) works for boot but not for power off, replacing with GEN1 results in boot failure.

DTB’s.zip (54.4 KB)

The issue with GEN2 was reported before but as there was a simple and effective solution, not advanced further,

Thanks.

So use image before 20220112 and your GEN2 dtb.
Then power off should not work, correct? It does reboot instead power off?

If running enter SSH session and try:

mount -o rw,remount /flash
fdtput -d /flash/dtb.img /auge_sound avout_mute-gpios
sync

Please post the output of the commands as I am not 100% if they are correct.
If no error happen just type reboot to get the change active and than test if the behavior changed.

Hello Team,

i today updated to latest nightly 13.01.2022 from 10.01.200 it was i believe. Then i got error “TVheadend no free adapter available”. Then manually reverted to 19.4 RC1 and channels (dvb-s2) work again. Box is Mecool ki pro S905. never had this issue before!!!

1 Like

Try tomorrow nightly with the new 19.4.1 addon.

Next time a log would be nice!

1 Like

Yes, Gen2 with 20220110 does result in reboot when powering of.

When running the second command I receive the following error

Snap 2022-01-13 at 19.13.50

you need to use GEN2 for this cmd.

I checked it and it works. So here is the GEN2 dtb with this property removed:
g12a_s905x2_4g_1gbit.dtb (66.5 KB)
Just use this and check if still reboot on power off.