Nightly builds (NEW)

Checked for updates manually several times already, even with “Hide incompatible” unchecked.

I came here to post the same situation of a missing PVR clients.

I am running the latest NE version on my HK1 rbox X4. I was trying to add a different skin, and the box locked up then finally rebooted. I am running the OS internally, when it rebooted, it wiped everything. There was something on the screen about boot into safe mode, but I did not take a photo of it.

I did have a backup on a different storage device, so right now I am trying to restore from my backup.

I am looking for the TVheadend PVR client. It was there and working until the box crashed and wiped everything.

Edit:. I found the PVR clients. It was listed under the coreELEC ADD-ONS. NORMALLY, I just use all repositories, I rarely click on the individual repository.

Sorry for hijacking this thread.

1 Like

Is the me nightly still being updated or do we need to switch to another nightly such as ce 20

Same happened to me. Usually going to all repos and there wasn’t any pvr addons. When clicked on CE repo they pop in no problem. Nightly ng here on vontar x4 :blush:

I have a problem with the current nightly that I don’t remember the last SSH commands from the bash_history file.

Hi,
on some movies, I have crashes when I advance a chapter. And I say well, of a chapter. Indeed, if I advance two or three, it passes and it does not crash. Odd. likewise, if I use fast forward, I manage to avoid the crash. In fact I don’t know if it’s a coincidence, but I had this bug at the beginning on the Alpha of Vim4, and it disappeared after the next update. And a few days ago it came back.

ix.io/4kLZ

Another thing, I have artifacts that sometimes appear, especially when a subtitle appears, the OSD appears, or a trailer embedded in the interface starts.

http://ix.io/4kGu

http://ix.io/4kLj

I have seen this error and it’s kernel/mali blob issue as it can not open the DRM interface. This will need some more debugging.

1 Like

Update your addons/skins:

2023-01-04 21:44:05.855 T:1867  warning <general>: Setting most video properties through ListItem.setInfo() is deprecated and might be removed in future Kodi versions. Please use the respective setter in InfoTagVideo.
2023-01-04 21:44:05.882 T:1867  warning <general>: ListItem.setUniqueIDs() is deprecated and might be removed in future Kodi versions. Please use InfoTagVideo.setUniqueIDs().
2023-01-04 21:44:05.882 T:1867  warning <general>: ListItem.setCast() is deprecated and might be removed in future Kodi versions. Please use InfoTagVideo.setCast().

the log is full of it and may cause a crash.

1 Like

Thanks.

I don’t understand :

1. Extensions auto-update is enabled.
  2. I checked my extensions and Addons one by one, and except display error, it seems that there is no more recent version.
  3. I can’t find the Addons you mention.

My Crash problem would be related to this according to you ? Should I find help on another forum so as not to pollute this one ?

On the other hand, the artifact problems would be linked to CoreElec?

Contact the author of the addon/skin.

Agreed, I will see on this side, thank you Portisch. But regarding visual artifacts (during subtitles, and during windowed trailers), what can I do? (I had this problem before installing this Skin)

Someone use a LePotato with CoreELEC on a 3840x2160 monitor ?
I’m stuck since long time on a older version. I can use LePotato in 1920x1080 with latest release just some 4k movie not start and stay on a black screen. When I change my resolution to 3840x2160 only mp4 work all other return me a black screen 2k/4k movie. Someone use LePotato ?

Thank you :slight_smile:

Could CoreElec be ahead of Kodi and incorporate this feature ? Or does it just depend on the Kodi team ?

First at the media need to support it, second kodi must support it, third hardware (SoC) must support it, fourth kernel need to support it…

But maybe one day as 8K is just going to die and the devs get more time for such items :wink:

As indicated in the comments, beyond the media, it is above all the interface that would benefit from it, independent of the media.

• For transfers 60 fps (graphical interface) → 24fps (movie).
  • For the responsiveness AND the fluidity of the interface.

But there’s no rush, we’ll wait for Kodi. Thanks.

My priority is to fix the occurrence of these crashes and visual artifacts. :smiling_face_with_tear:

I do not understand anymore. I even get errors when I try to upload my error logs, even this function throws errors, “Failed to generate log” : http://ix.io/4kVr

Update your addons/skins:

Hi @Portisch,
I followed your recommendations, and unless I am mistaken, everything is up to date.

However, the artifacts/tearing when the player’s OSD appears persists independently of the Skin.

As well as the crash on the advance of chapter, on some films only. (The last Crash took place at 9:52 p.m.)

http://ix.io/4lmG

you still have non compatible addons running. look at your log, it’s full of errors. when you have fixed them all you can try again. we are not the author of your addons.

this is the worst I think:

2023-01-15 21:43:39.745 T:945     error <general>: GetDirectory - Error getting -
2023-01-15 21:43:52.854 T:943     error <general>: GetDirectory - Error getting -
2023-01-15 21:43:54.585 T:943      info <general>: ADDON: Dll Destroyed - SACD ISO support
2023-01-15 21:43:56.413 T:869      info <general>: VideoPlayer::OpenFile: smb://192.168.1.50/HDD 1/TELECHARGEMENT/Échantillon Test - American.Horror.Story.S11E01.SUBFRENCH.1080p.AMZN.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H264-FRATERNiTY (1)-001.mkv

This addon do crash whole system, also kernel get a oops.

Thank you for your answer @Portisch
I did what you said. I uninstalled a lot of addons that I don’t think are essential, and in particular SACD addons, then restarted Kodi. Unfortunately I managed to reproduce the 2 bugs.
11:00 p.m.: presence of artefacts at the appearance of the OSD on the AHS sample.
11:02 p.m .: Crash on the progress of the chapter of the film “Everything Everywhere all at once”.
http://ix.io/4ln1

I redid the tests on the very last version of this day. But same results. :confused:

On the Log, there is this mistake that often comes up. Do you know what this is ?

ERROR Get hdmi para by vic