Nightly builds (NEW)

wrong backgroun colors. something bad in rgb to yuv?

For anybody that gets weird colours add the following to your /flash/config.ini file.


note: For anybody not familiar with editing the contents of the /flash partition. This partition is mounted read only. So you do need to ssh into the device and remount the /flash partition to make it writable. This can be done easily with the following command.

mount -o remount,rw /flash

after which you you can then edit the config.ini file
nano /flash/config.ini

then reboot. Colours should now be back to normal.


its OK now. i just deleted # in front of the line use_rgb_to_yuv = 0


do I have to add a new line without #
I don’t see too many options at this ini

ok … scroll down!
sorry, there was no question !!

BIG THANKS! @ cdu13a

some clips are flickering. switching from a refresh rate of the source to other refresh rate ( from 24,97 to 50 for example ). I had to add resolutions and refresh rates to the white list. in the stable version it went well with the blank white list.

Nightly_20191213 on an Odroid N2 - very occasionally when stopping a video the resolution switches back to this:-

This only happen probably 1 in 10 times and playing a video again and stopping to force a resolution change fixes it.

Please collect log after this issue
And check if you have correct default resolution in settings at this time or not?

As well as having the aforementioned colour issue, easily resolved as posted before, I also noted that my previous manual Ip address had been reset to DHCP, again easily resolved from within the CE configuration section, but worthy of note for others that might find initial ssh issues.

Live OTA TV no longer works. Selecting any TV channel results in a No free adapter available error.

I note that there are no TV adapters listed in TVH config, so I’m going to add the module drivers again to see if that fixes it.

Box is A95X Max S905X2 with Microsoft official tuners.


Tried all 3 again (Default drivers, TBS and From latest kernel (which was the one that worked before)) but no adapters show up in TVH config.

Let me know what kind of info.and logs are required.


Updated to 20191214 but still no Xbox One tuners being detected.

Virtually the same here as @Compent regarding IP address and tuners being used. My difference is that I’m running on H96 Max s905x2 and I can’t get TV Headend server to work at all. Logs show that the client cannot connect to the server and the server web page is unavailable.

Watching breakfast telly from BBC iplayer as I write this and it looks good, so I have positive first impressions.

Media modules will be updated again tomorrow which may potentially resolve the issue posted by @roidy.


dmesg -
dispinfo -
CoreELEC logs -

When the problem occurs Kodi’s resolution setting is correct 3840x2160p 60Hz disable GUI scaling set to On.

Mostly seems OK on m y N2 apart from PCM audio seems to be broken.
It worked initially after the upgrade, but after a hard power cycle it was gone.


Switch audio output to hdmi multi ch pcm again once(or some other output)

@anon88919003 next days test build for 905x3? Thank

Does this also mean even better video/picture quality? I wonder what this means for the end user? I am glad that I can test new builds now. I appreciate your hard work. :grinning:

No other option brings back PCM, HDMI works fine though. Its a bug that needs fixing.
Rolled back to 9.2.1 until its resolved.


That means that if you had problematic videos before then you can try it on this kernel and check. It should work (99%)

@anon88919003, /dev/amvideocap0 is now missing, is there a media modules alternative?

I’ve used the “sm1_s905d3_khadas_vim3l.dtb” with the device tree (NG generic build) on my x96 Air (s905x3, 4gb ram, dual band WiFi and gigabit ethernet).

Everything seems to work fine, both WiFi bands, ethernet (I can’t check the speed is gigabit though) and 4k playback on YouTube seems to work OK with hardware acceleration.

Glitchy video on BBC iplayer using am-h264 (hw), get random patches of distorted pixels. I’ll try some proper samples like jellyfish in a bit.

Just wanted to say, that I also installed the nightly build on my Beelink GT1 mini (S905X2).

Mad a fresh install and also had to edit the config.txt to get the correct screen colors. Besides that, I didn’t had any issues.

Only big issue (for me) is, that multichannel PCM isn’t working, like I described here:

Happy to provide logs and other information not only for this, but other issues as well.