Nightly builds (NEW)

Hi,
Does this also mean even better video/picture quality? I wonder what this means for the end user? I am glad that I can test new builds now. I appreciate your hard work. :grinning:

No other option brings back PCM, HDMI works fine though. Its a bug that needs fixing.
Rolled back to 9.2.1 until its resolved.

Shoog

That means that if you had problematic videos before then you can try it on this kernel and check. It should work (99%)

@anon88919003, /dev/amvideocap0 is now missing, is there a media modules alternative?

I’ve used the “sm1_s905d3_khadas_vim3l.dtb” with the device tree (NG generic build) on my x96 Air (s905x3, 4gb ram, dual band WiFi and gigabit ethernet).

Everything seems to work fine, both WiFi bands, ethernet (I can’t check the speed is gigabit though) and 4k playback on YouTube seems to work OK with hardware acceleration.

Glitchy video on BBC iplayer using am-h264 (hw), get random patches of distorted pixels. I’ll try some proper samples like jellyfish in a bit.

Just wanted to say, that I also installed the nightly build on my Beelink GT1 mini (S905X2).

Mad a fresh install and also had to edit the config.txt to get the correct screen colors. Besides that, I didn’t had any issues.

Only big issue (for me) is, that multichannel PCM isn’t working, like I described here:

Happy to provide logs and other information not only for this, but other issues as well.

I have the same device (the amlogic dt id is “sm1_ac213_4g”). I have the 4GB/64GB S905X3, X96 Air dual band wifi, gigabit eth from aliexpress. When I try that dtb (renamed it to dtb.img), I get just a black screen. Initially, the X96 Air blue logo appears for a couple of seconds and then just a black screen with no response. I’ve tried booting by using a toothpick and also without using it. Same each time - X96 Air logo for a few seconds then nothing.

It boots to android just fine.

Strange?? I can’t think of anything I’ve missed. Is there an extra step apart from renaming the “sm1_s905d3_khadas_vim3l.dtb” to “dtb.img” and placing it in the root of sd card? My sd card is Sandisk Ultra 32GB Class 10.

I used rufus v3.8 to load the generic ng img.gz file to the sd card (used this many times before).

:confused:

EDIT: Maybe the ram chips are different? DDR3 vs DDR4 etc. Do you know how I can find out the type of ram I have?

EDIT2: According to the aliexpress website for my order, the ram is 4GB DDR3, the CPU-Z app lists device as X96Air_P1 (franklin), and everything appears ok (correct amount of ram, type of cpu etc)

EDIT3: Tried a Samsung sd card and same result.

On Odroid-N2:

Installed new nightly 20191213 freshly on uSD, restored backup tar-file from 9.2.1.
Have to modify wakeup-code in /flash/config.ini (I use an own programmed Harmony).
Everything works for me as with 9.2.1 (AC3 and DTS-sound, 3D, 4K, resolution switching, I don’t use TVH).

One little difference to 9.2.1:
After booting, the first CE-splash screen appears (no version info in the top left corner) with a resolution of 1080p60. Then the TV-screen goes black (in 9.2.1 the CE logo with version info on top left corner is shown), that means I cannot see potential update or restore notes on the screen as with 9.2.1. My TV reports a resolution of 1080p60 during the black screen. Update/restore is done nevertheless, but with black screen. After a few seconds my Confluence-GUI with resolution 2160p30 appears.

I want to see the update or restore messages as with 9.2.1, what can I do?

my dispinfo: http://ix.io/24nz

Same situation test ssd and SD different port USB no boot test 2 dtb khadas. TV x96 905x3 4-16b

Cpu-z identifies mine as a X96Air_P2 (Franklin). From what I’ve found (on 4pda) the P1 is the none gigabit ethernet version. The Device Info HW app should tell you under Ethernet, mine has a RTL8211F_Gigabit_Ethernet.

• There are several options for performance and revisions for X96Air:

A: 2 GB + 16 GB + 2.4 GB Wifi + 100 m (without Bluetooth)

X96Air_P1
B: 4 GB + 32 GB + 2.4G and 5 GHz dual Wifi + BT4.1 + 100 m
C: 4 GB + 64 GB + 2.4G and 5 GHz dual Wifi + BT4.1 + 100 m

X96Air_P2
D: 4GB + 32GB + 2.4G and 5GHz dual Wifi + BT4.1 + 1000m
E: 4GB + 64GB + 2.4G and 5GHz dual Wifi + BT4.1 + 1000m
https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=969746

Thanks much for the info. I just double checked the product on aliexpress and it does say 100M ethernet (even for 4GB/32GB and 4GB/64GB variants).

At least there’s an explanation now :slightly_smiling_face: Thanks again!

NB. I don’t use ethernet and this box I received about 1 month ago. I have placed another order a couple of days ago for another box (for upstairs) and that definitely has gigabit ethernet for the 4GB/64GB version - so that’ll be the P2 version.

@Joni2012 @vmce and to those using the KVIM3L device tree it is not supposed to be used on S905X3 devices, your devices will brick on the next update as it will be flashed with the Khadas bootloader because of your actions and inability to wait for the correct device tree.

1 Like

Oopsie :open_mouth:

Glad I didn’t get mine to boot now!

Ooops, thanks for the heads up. Luckily I guess mine froze whilst I was transferring files over the network and when I pulled and reconnected the power it said the sd card was corrupt, so I never did a second boot. I was just in the process of setting up a different sd card so glad you posted this. My android still works fine so nothing is damaged.

I have a copy of the firmware, a USB to USB cable and USB burning tool ready anyway so probably/hopefully could have recovered it.

@anon88919003, /dev/amvideocap0 is missing, this breaks screen capturing and I could be wrong but wouldn’t this also break hyperion.ng???

No problem. Thank for you atention

@roidy I will look into it later.

black photos after taking the screenshot

kodi-send --action = Takescreenshot

<onclick>TakeScreenshot</onclick>

the same effect

@roidy I found the issue, it will be resolved in tomorrow’s nightly.