Nightly builds (NEW)

black photos after taking the screenshot

kodi-send --action = Takescreenshot

<onclick>TakeScreenshot</onclick>

the same effect

@roidy I found the issue, it will be resolved in tomorrowā€™s nightly.

with nightly_20191214 the 4k sdr files blink, even though I set the white list with all resolutions and frequencies. at the hdr files I did not notice flickers.

I have now tested again with nightly_20191213, the same 4k sdr files and set the white list accordingly, not blinking.

@borza which device do you have?

Confirming VIM3L HTPC CoreELEC Version eMMC factory install 9.2.0
updated today to Nightly using CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-9.2-nightly_20191214.tar
copied to the .Update folder and rebooted.
Worked Perfectly. :ok_hand: :wink:

Edit: Stock Khadas remote not working. remote.conf is in the .config folder.
In fact the remote is completely inoperative.
No off or on commands work either.

1 Like

H96 MAX2 S905X2 rev B, 4/32

use sm1_s905x3_4g_1gbit.dtb canā€™t boot success my x96max plus box (4g+32g+1gbit)

@Salesi, yep, see my post 4 above yours, /dev/amvideocap0 is missing causing screen capturing to fail.

@anon88919003, great, thanks :smiley:

X96Max plus 4/32 s905x3 (Gigabit LAN) does not boot, color streaks on startup, then black screen
I used sm1_s905x3_4g_1gbit.dtb
sm1_s905d3_khadas_vim3l.dtb starts, no LAN Wifi and BT

Support for S905? Will putting the device tree from another CEwork ,or will it blow up? btw,I have a KII Pro (s905) if you guys wanna test the new kernel on.

The new kernel is only for s905x2, s905x3, s922. At least for now.

1 Like

Thatā€™s unfortunateā€¦ I remember there were plans to support it though right? Is this still the case?

Only my opinion, but by the time this kernel is ready for stable, I donā€™t think there will be any use porting it to legacy devices like the S905x. I have one and the older kernel works great, I donā€™t see what youā€™d be achieving by using the newer kernel on it. These boards are cheap, I bought a N2 and can recommend it.

Iā€™m happy with my s905, Iā€™ll stick with it for the next few years for sure. Iā€™m just curious about the new kernel thatā€™s all

i had a big red screen when rebooting and did not see any upgrade progress/logo of CE/etc.
so i added use_rgb_to_yuv=0
now the screen is black when i reboot but still see no information, no logo, etc.

I get the same screen. X96 Air S905x3, 4g/64g 100M ethernet dual band wifi. Tried both sm1_s905x3 dtbs.

My model as reported by CPU-Z is X96Air_P1 (franklin).

The issue is that the bootloader is not set to output to your TVā€™s native screen resolution and so until CE takes direct control of the screen you see nothing. I get the same on my N2.

Shoog

@DroiDMester @ukmark62 @wangyu1314 S905X3 support is not ready yet, it will be announced when it is.

@kostaman yes I forgot to mention that KVIM3L can now be updated with nightlies.

1 Like